.CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.

lazy morning
~[|]~

* smut warning? ish.. *

Gerard woke up in an unfamiliar environment.

It smelled nice though, Gerard noted that. He was also warm, so fucking warm, it was almost uncomfortable but when he felt a pair of arms around his torso he relaxed and actually welcomed the warmth.

Gerard turned his head lazily to the right, only to be met with Frank's sleeping face.

Gerard smiled, he always loved Frank's relaxed and sleepy face, it was nothing short of adorable. He felt his face heat up as he snuggled into Frank's front, resting his head on the inside of Frank's shoulder.

His arms were around Frank's middle and resting on his back, and Gerard hummed a soft toon as he looked at Frank, still feeling warm from their first 'I love you's that were shared only yesterday.

After they had cake, which actually Frank decided looked much better all over Gerard's nose and cheeks, they head back to Frank's apartment where they fell asleep almost immediately. Gerard would have liked to stay up and talk to Frank more but really they both couldn't keep their eyes open, nonetheless brains focused.

Frank started to shift awake when Gerard kissed his neck, just a small sign of affection.

"Good morning, Frankie." Gerard smiled at Frank who was squinting at him in a post-sleep driven state.

"Morning baby." Frank said in a groggy tone, moving them so they could get more comfortable.

Gerard went to say something, probably something to do with the fact that his face paint probably stained his shirt and the pillows, but then he remembered the complete ungodly reason why he didn't actually plan on sleeping at Frank's apartment.

He had work.

He groaned at the realisation and looked around grumpily, probably scaring Frank.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Frank asked, and Gerard frowned then because he really didn't want to leave Frank and his wonderful bed and his wonderful face behind.

"I um, I kinda have to go to work now." Gerard mumbled, attempting to worm his way out of Frank's arms, much to both of their despair.

"Just call in sick and let's stay in bed all day." Frank said, pulling Gerard back into his arms.

"Frankie," Gerard sighed, though he couldn't deny he was just a little bit intrigued by this idea, "I can't."

"But it's the day after my birthday! My first day being twenty four.." Frank said in amazement, "I don't wanna spend it alone."

Gerard felt guilt creeping down his system, sighing again, "My boss'll kill me if I miss a Saturday. It's the busiest day of the week, Frankie. How 'bout we do something after my shift- something really super duper fun to celebrate your first day as a twenty four year old."

"Okay fine." Frank said with a small smile, "But at least let me drop you off."

Gerard smiled at that and kissed Frank softly, "Of course."