Past Times

American Rust Junkyard - 07:05 am

Josh's P.O.V

It was a low sunny morning. It wasn't very windy, but it was still cold as fuck. It was that kind of cold that if you didn't blink faster than normal, you could risk freezing your own eyes. Ok, that part was an exaggeration of mine. But the cold was real! I don't know how many degrees it was at that moment, but it felt like we were in the middle of the North Pole with no clothes on. The more you put clothes on your body, the colder it gets! This makes no sense.

???: - Then I said to him: "Chill, dude! I'll show up there! Don't worry!"

???: - Haha, shit, Noah! Did you really show up there?

Noah: - Pffff... Of course not, Josh! I know that guy! If I showed up at that party, he'd be with his girlfriend all the time. And I would be bored as fuck in that crap. But besides that, he's very funny, you have to meet him.

Josh: - I can imagine. You two would definitely make a badass group! - I said as I blew a smoke of cigarette out of my mouth.

Noah: - Yeah, maybe. - He said doing the same. - But that time is gone and now I'm looking for something else.

Josh: - That is?

Noah: - Girls, man! I'm talking to a lot of them!

Josh: - A lot? The only person you talk to is me, dude!

Noah: - Hey, don't throw it in my face! I'm getting along with a cute girl.

Josh: - Oh really? And who is that "cute girl"?

Noah: - Jessica Sparks.

Josh: - Jessica Sparks?! You fucking idiot, that is the party owner's girlfriend! What the hell happened to you?

Noah: - Don't worry, everything is under control. I got this.

Josh: - Damn, I don't even want to know what you did... - I said turning my face to the other side.

Noah: - Hey, I didn't kill the guy. I just made them break up. You get really paranoid with your weird fucking imaginations.

Josh: - Whatever... Let's just forget about it.

After this conversation, we were silent for a while as we watched the place.

Noah: - Hey, Josh. Check this out! You'll like it.

Noah was a black boy with blond streaks in his straightened hair. We were both sitting on a rusty abandoned boat.

Then Noah took off a small black portable speaker of his backpack.

Josh: - Don't tell me it's another one of your boy-band covers... You're a terrible singer, Noah.

I, Josh Stones, had a straight and dark brown hair. Besides that, I had a white skin and blue eyes like the blue of the ocean. Typical american standard.

Noah: - Boy-band covers? Do I look like someone who knows how to sing? - He said indignantly. - But serious talking now! You're gonna like this one, I'm sure you will!

Then Noah connected his phone to the black speaker and putted a song to play. He seemed to be super excited like it was the first time he showed me a new song. And it wasn't.

Noah was dressed in a blue hoodie, a black jeans and some sneakers that seemed to be new, but it were completely worn out. He also wore a silver chain with a cross pendant that said "Faith in God" on the back and he seemed like a nice person. Besides, he was the only friend left to me after all these years. No matter the situation, he is always in.