Chapter 1: First Day Jitters

Theo

The blaring sound of my alarm clock woke me up from my paradise. I sat up slowly and turned off the annoying sound of the alarm. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, trying to shake off the remaining sleep. Guessing by the growing bump through my blankets, I can already guess what I just dreamed of. 

Did I really have to dream of Hunter? 

Dismissing the question. I looked out the window to gaze at the dark sky from the window of our room. The stars still visible, streetlights from the street and the faint shine from the moon were the only source of illumination in my room. Why did we have to wake up so early for school? It's not funny. I really am considering dropping out. But... I want a good future.

I want Hunter

I know, I'm really ambitious. But then that's never gonna happen. He doesn't even know I exist into this world. Well, one time last year, he was running down the hall and I was about to turn the corner when we bumped into each other, the momentum would've had me on my butt if he hadn't steadied me by touching my shoulders.

"My apologies." His voice apologized as he spared me a quick glance before continuing his trudge down the hall.

I'm very open about crushes and all. I don't really care who knew as long as I trusted them enough. But in this case, even the people I trust my life can't know about my extreme infatuation with Hunter. My friends always have their ways into my crushes and I meeting, or being friends. That's actually one of the reasons that I'm best friends with my ex-crush, Sean Wales. He's an attractive, sweet and intelligent guy. 

Anyway, out of topic. So another year of trying to befriend Hunter Fierro. Another year of hoping he would notice me or break up with his girlfriend.

Today was the start of Sophomore year. I was really excited since I don't have to meet up with my friends anymore. We could just see each other in school!

I had to get up and prepare for the day ahead. I stood up and immediately went to the kitchen to drink water for my dry throat. I saw my mother cooking breakfast. I instantly had a guess of what it was. fried rice with eggs and bacon. I went back to our dark room and unplugged my phone from it's charger. I checked the time to find out it's still 5:33 AM. 

If you were wondering why it was so early for school. Our school's really different from others, I don't know why but it has always been this way. Classes starts at 7 so I have to go to school at 6:30. We have sections that consist of at least 20-30 students. We don't have to move rooms and have different classmates in them. We have the same classmates all through out high school. I had the unfortunate luck and wasn't in the same class with Hunter. But I was beyond happy with my section. Hunter's class is a different building from mine but I always see him in dismissals, in breaks and lunch.

I prepared my backpack for the day, checking if I had everything for the first day. Usually in the first day, we don't have lessons yet, our teacher just informs us with everything we needed to know. Rules, schedules, and other reminders. Then we could just do what we want.

I had my handkerchief, phone, a notebook, my lunch that my mother insisted on making, my pencil pouch, and other things in my bag. It wasn't heavy, good. I don't want to look like I'm suffering a back disease. 

I had to take a bath so I heated the water before taking a shower. I prepared my outfit to school. I pulled out a simple graphic white tee and a black hooded jacket. I styled my hair with the usual. Enough strands of hair to the side to be bangs. I brushed a thin layer of peach blush on my cheekbones and a little over the bridge of my nose. And a little tint to the lips. To have that sunkissed look.