Chapter 27: Rubies and Hand Fans

Cielo

As we were waiting for the others to come back, Athena and Masha were deep into their conversation while I just sat and waited patiently. A few minutes of hushed tones of the two's conversation, Hunter came back and sat beside me. 

"What are we waiting for?" He asked, slightly out of breath.

"Theo just met up with Reign, they'll be back any minute." I said.

He nodded before a companionable silence fell over us, watching people go about their day. After around ten minutes of waiting, Reign came into view, her phone on her hands.

"Let's go! I found my phone in the science lab." She said as we stood up. 

I gave her a perplexed look. "Where's Theo?" I asked as I pointedly look behind her.

That's when she glanced at the group, her eyes widening. "I thought he was with you guys?"

"He said he was meeting you?" Athena pointed out while Reign's brows furrowed.

She shook her head before glancing at the group again. "How? I just found my phone? There's no way I'd be able to text him!" She said, frantically walking back and forth.

I took out my phone and texted Theo. After, I waited anxiously for a reply. 

"Did he mention where he was going?" Hunter asked, his phone also out. 

I shook my head, trying to recall our conversation earlier. I started to expect the worst. Is he robbed? Is he kidnapped? Is he hostaged? Is he dead?

"I can't just stand here and wait for something to happen? He might be in danger now! Let's find him!" Reign said before marching away from us, the four of us followed suit with matching determination.

...

"Ugh, I didn't find him or any traces of where he could be." Athena said, her energy evidently draining.

"Same." Masha said with a worried frown.

Hunter was just silent, looking like he's deep in thought.

"How about that new, deserted building? I heard him mention it some time." I suggested, the four of them nodded and followed me.

We trudged through the school grounds with long, painful steps. But we aren't giving up anytime soon. 

I was the first to enter the building, it was huge and it had a lot of doors that could lead to anywhere. As we were searching around, opening doors trying to find Theo. I noticed something shining on the corner of the room. It was a ring, a ring belonging to Theo.

"I just found his ring here." My voice echoed through the whole room, the others nodded as they opened the last four door. 

"Oh my god!" Masha's panicked and shocked voice resounded and my heart dropped. 

I ran over to the door which she was currently facing. And there lies Theodore, his face bruised and writhing in pain. I bolted towards him hastily, my heart felt like it was being squeezed from the sight of him. 

"Theo! What happened!" I shouted as I hesitantly cupped his face in my hands, his lips were bleeding, his right eye swollen and his cheek had a slit, it looked like the damage was mostly on the face. 

He struggled to speak as he tried to sit up. Hunter was immediately across me, looking at Theo concerningly.

"Theo, you idiot! Don't move! We'll take you to the hospital." Athena said as she dialed 911.