Chapter 20: Homecoming Royalty

Theo

"Theo, I need your help."

"Well? What is it?" I asked, signaling for him to continue.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "I really want to ask Diana to dance earlier but... I don't know how." He said, giving me puppy doe eyes.

"The hell, do I look like I know how to woo a woman? Ask a girl, not me." I said, starting to walk away but he pulled me again.

"Please, Theo." He pleaded. 

I thought it over. I didn't exactly have anything to do so I agreed.

I sighed, reevaluating my choices. "Fine, let's do a roleplay. I'm Diana." I said, cringing at the thought the moment I said it.

He shook his hands, taking a deep breath... before walking up to me coolly, his shoulders raised. "Hi, Diana. Dance with me?" He said, pausing for a while before looking at me expectantly.

"That was the worst thing I've seen you do, and you've backflipped into a pool and missed." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose.

His face fell, his shoulders still slumped. "Okay." He mumbled quietly.

I gave him an apologetic look. "Okay, sorry. Just be natural, don't memorize anything you say, you get more nervous if you do that. If you stutter, that's okay!" I said. Cielo looked like he was contemplating my words, then he nodded. "Try again." I said.

"H-hey, D-Diana. I... I was uh... wondering if y-you know... er.... you wanted to... um to d-dance?" He asked me with a nervous smile, his face and shoulder tensed.

I plastered on a pained, sarcastic smile. "When I said it's okay to stutter, I didn't mean to stutter out the whole sentence." I said, crossing my arms over my chest, gesturing for him to try again.

After a few tries, he managed to tone down the stuttering, but his posture was all wrong. He looked really tensed like he was asking death to dance.

"Cielo, like I said earlier. It's okay to stutter. Showing vulnerability is the best thing you can do to see if someone will accept how you really are. If she declines, then it's her loss."

He nodded then took a deep breath for the hundredth time. "Hey, Diana. I was wondering if you'd like to dance?" And for the first time, he managed to say it casually.

"Great! Don't memorize, act natural, you got it." I said. "Cielo, you're literally one of the most attractive guys I've seen in my life. Just be yourself, okay?"

He repeated my advice over and over. "Be myself, be myself, be myse--"

I then pulled him into the dance floor just as the music started to slow down. The moment Diana came into view, I pushed him towards her, clapping enthusiastically. Cielo flashed me a nervous smile before walking casually towards Diana. I saw their mouths moving, Diana started to smile and nodded, then they were dancing.

I threw my fist up in the air as I smiled contently, watching the two of them swaying. I sighed wistfully and continued to watch the couple dance.

Mika, Athena and Wei joined me by the sides, watching curiously at Cielo.

"How'd he manage that?" Mika asked, her eyes still trained on the two lovebirds.

"Let's just say... he had a few help from a matchmaker. It might have taken almost an hour but it's completely worth it."

I excused myself from my friends as my phone dinged from a message.

'Theo, how are you guys there, hope you're enjoying it.' My mom texted.