Chapter 31: Name, Cleared

Theo

Hunter offered to come with me to get a copy of a CCTV video from the hospital. We were driving down the road when a familiar song came on the radio. 

"When the visions around you, bring tears to your eyeeesss." I sang which made Hunter chuckle.

"That's my favorite song." He stated. 

With that, I immediately shut up. 

Hunter looked at me, his brow raised. "Why'd you stop?" He asked.

"I don't want to ruin your favorite song." I said with a laugh.

He looked at me directly, his eyes held sincerity and... longing? "You have a beautiful voice, you'll make it better. Can you please sing it?" He pleaded. 

I nodded with a shrug before continuing to sing. 

I don't know what's with him, but the more time I spend with him, the more I fall in love. I wouldn't deny that I am in love with him and being alone with him is probably not advisable. Whenever he flash me his charming smile or when he grins or if he smile shyly, I just want to kiss him so bad. 

There's times that we're in the same room or just close to each other and I'd daydream about him, and I'm not talking about the nice daydream, I'm talking wild daydreams.

And there's times that I just want to hold him close to me, I actually like it when he offers to hug me. I mean, who wouldn't want that.

Valentine's day is coming up and I'm scared that one of these days, he'd have a new girlfriend, and he wouldn't talk to me anymore.

We reached the Hospital in a matter of minutes and after we respectfully requested the CCTV image, Hunter and I sat on one of the couches in the lobby.

"You know, when I was a kid, I get nervous whenever I'm in any part of a hospital." I said out of the blue. 

"Do you still get nervous now?" He asked, crossing his legs comfortably.

"Oh yeah. It actually increased when I got older, mostly because I know what goes on here." I said with a slight chuckle.

He raised an eyebrow, meeting my eyes. "How are you feeling then?" He asked.

My left eye was closed while my right was focused on him. "I've definitely been better."

He winced. "What can I do to make you feel better?"

"I don't know..."

A good-looking male doctor suddenly slumped down on one of the chairs near us, his head in his hands and his shoulder shaking.

"Oh no..." I trailed off as I stared at the doctor.

Another good-looking male doctor sat beside him, comforting him by rubbing his back and whispering some stuff in his ear. And then he suddenly pulls him for a passionate kiss!

I immediately turned away from them to give them privacy as Hunter and I shared a look with a smile.

"God. We're doctors, we're supposed to prevent the inevitable, but what's happening to me?" I heard the crying doctors say. 

"Oliver. It's not always easy, okay? Don't blame yourself if you did your best." The other doctor said. 

Oliver smiled but it dropped after a few moments. "Thanks, Ethan. But I don't think I could get the image of that girl's eye as she... as she suffered out of my head."