Chapter 8: Lightheaded Boy

Theo

Monday

I sat down on my chair, not even bothering to meet my friends. I rested my head on my desk and closed my eyes. There wasn't a day I wasn't sleepy. 

One by one, my classmates sat on their chairs. I doodled on the back of my notebook while waiting for the first period, rubbing my head because it was starting to ache. I sat back further and rested my head on my desk again. 

From time to time, my classmates would ask me if I'm okay and I say yes, but it's not what my body's telling me. You feel me?

"Hey, Theo, you okay?" I looked up to see Athena standing in front of me, her face etched with concern.

"Yeah." I said, then tucked my head into my arms again.

"You don't feel well, do you? I know you so well." She said, sitting down on the chair beside me.

I looked at her again, but this time, her expression was serious. "Yeah, no point in hiding it, I guess." I mumbled.

She sighed and rubbed my back soothingly. "If you need to go to the clinic. Tell us immediately. You have an infamous record of fainting." She reassured. 

Moments later, she stood up and returned to her seat.

Third period came, the teacher said another section will be joining us for PE. 

We approached the field and sat down on the bleachers. My friends joined me as they chatted about their day, I didn't invest much words into the conversation, my mood right now was 'fuck the world, I want Hunter'. 

I just wanted to sleep and dream of Hunter all day. As you can see, I'm totally obsessed with him. 

A hand snapped in front of me. I blinked, dumbfounded.

"W-what?" I said to them as they all stared back at me.

"What do you mean 'what'? What's wrong with you? Usually you're really excited for PE?" Mika asked me and I shrugged.

"My head hurts." I rubbed my temples tiredly and closed my eyes. 

The slight throbbing was so bothering that you feel like you can't do anything for the rest of the day. It rarely happens to me and I hate it.

Sir Jason's voice boomed across the field. "Okay everyone, section C1 will be joining us. Warm-up first before we get started on the activity." He said while signaling us to stand up and run laps around the field.

I'm not familiar with the section, we were section A3 by the way. But I hoped it was Hunter's, most likely not. As students of C1 filled up the other part of the bleachers, my classmates and I started running laps. I ran slow because I don't want to run fast, get dizzy, slip, hit my head on the ground and die.

I got exhausted pretty quickly, which wasn't usual for me. As I got close to finishing. I was shocked to see Luke, Masha, Reign and Hunter on the bleachers, watching us. I almost tripped my dumb ass if not one of my classmates steadied me. I thanked them and sat down at the bleachers again, becoming conscious of my look now. 

The heat with the throbbing of my head made everything worse. I started breathing heavily, fanning myself. I closed my eyes.

"Hey, Theo? Are you okay?" A voice from one of my friends I didn't even recognize anymore.

"Oh my god, I think Hunter's too hot." One of my friends also said. I wanted to laugh but couldn't. I opened my eyes, my vision blurry.

"Hey, are you okay?" Cielo asked me seriously, his gaze calming.