Chapter 23: Revelation

Theo

As I walked through the entrance, I could feel the theme already, with the snowman at the front, the Christmas lights hanging everywhere. 

The moment I saw the quad, I was immediately amazed, at the middle of it was a giant Christmas tree. 

I looked around, admiring the decorations, the outfits of the students and the food. It had a chocolate fountain and many different foods you could dip, and many variety! The school has truly outdone themselves this time, and it all fits with the time, the night sky filled with stars. 

I started looking for my friends, running into some classmates along the way and giving them a brief greetings. 

I eventually found Mika and Wei together, holding a drink by the school's fountain. Wei clapped as I walked closer, her smile bright as I gave her a high-five. 

"You look so good, Theo! Everyone's literally looking at you all envious!" She complemented, 

I grabbed both of their hands and jumped up and down in excitement. "Guys, this is exactly what I dreamed of! It's so romantic and merry and everything!" 

"Yeah, it's kinda obvious you're over the moon for this." Wei said with a teasing smile. 

I hit her arm and took a long glance over the decorations, smiling like a little kid. 

"Well. I'll see you guys later. I've got to find our other friends." I said.

"Okay, if you need us to cover for you to have some alone time with your prince. You know who to call." Mika said, shooing me away.

I smiled and nodded gratefully before walking away and to the food station. I already saw Athena's glimmering silver dress. 

"Hey guys!" I found her with Masha and Luke. "Hey Luke! Haven't seen you in a while." 

Despite his smile, I noticed the dark circles under his eye. "Yeah. I've been busy with some things, so I don't have time to hang around school." He said, giving his elbow a good scratch.

"Have you guys seen Hunter and the others?" I asked them.

"Not yet, I'm sure he'll come soon, and hopefully he wore that red suit." Masha said with a hopeful smile, running her hand through her blonde curls. 

Athena and I shared a knowing glance. I nodded as I snack on some food, standing beside them. 

I bid them goodbye as soon as I finished my food. I walked more before bumping to Rhea, Reign and Cielo. Rhea looked worried as she paced back and forth. Reign and Cielo looked at me, silently pleading with their eyes. 

"Theo, thank god, please calm her down. I cannot deal with emotional thingies." Reign said, her expression like she was gonna give up.

I nodded before looking at Rhea. "Hey, you okay?" I said as I grabbed her shoulder, calming her down.

She looked at me, wide-eyed. "I'm really worried, what if Hunter's mad at me because they force him to match his outfit with me? What if he didn't want to come because--" 

I stopped her with a laugh. "Okay, take a deep breath. He texted me earlier, asking me if I want a ride. That sounds like he's coming isn't he?" I said to her. She stopped pacing but she had a worried look.

"He could still be mad at me?" She said, rubbing her palms together. 

"We all had lunch yesterday. You're fine." She finally looked at me in the eye, took a deep breath then plastered on a smile.