Chapter 46: The Beginning of the End

Theo

I entered through the doors to a deafening silence, the Council and Rhea already seated at the table.

I cast a withering glare at Rhea to which she just gave me a plastic smile.

"Theodore." Mr. Martinez called as he gestured at the seat in front of him. "Thank you two for coming here. Now, as we all know, Theodore wasn't able to attend the last assembly last Friday." He gave me a cold look but when no one was looking, it changed into a worried glance.

"Sounds like he irresponsibly missed it." Mrs. Mendoza said cooly as she crossed her arms.

I raised an eyebrow. "I have a reason of why I wasn't able to come."

I was about to speak further when Rhea suddenly erupted into tears!

"We need to immediately eliminate Theo out of this! He's gone too far and he might spin this story so he'd look like the victim!" She exclaimed out before covering her face.

"What?!" I shouted but the members held up a hand, silencing me.

"Proceed, Rhea." Mr. Pablo said.

Rhea sniffled before shooting me a glare. "Theo has been manipulating the candidates and threatening them!"

The members except for Mr. Martinez and Mrs. Rodriguez gasped.

"Natasha said she withdrew because of the drama when Theo just threatened her that she'd be dragged into his problems if she didn't withdraw! Chadley withdrew because he 'wanted to leave this to the professionals' when truly, Theo was belittling him all this time, he was discouraged! Theo even stole my presentation and that's why our works were so similar!"

I was gonna defend myself but I didn't get a chance. Rhea brought out a tablet and tilted it towards the members but I caught a glimpse of it to find out that it was a surveillance footage. I instantly recognized the footage as the time I was very giddy and was joking with anyone with the exception of Shane.

It looked like I just said something offensive in the video but I vividly remembered that after that intense moment, they got the joke and laughed but the video cut off to just knowing the fact that I might have said something offensive there.

"He said there that he wants us gone and if we didn't do it, he would've done something!" Rhea lied.

I wanted to retort but I knew I wouldn't get a chance.

"That's horrible!" Mr. Pablo said as he clutched his chest.

Rhea wiped a tear. "Shane stood her ground but Theo went too far. He tampered with her personal life which caused her to... give her position to him."

Mr. Martinez, Mrs. Rodriguez and Mrs. Fortnum didn't look convinced, Mr. Martinez even looked like he was stifling a laugh.

A dense person would only believe her lies.

"Theo will destroy the school if he wins this election! He's not a role model and he will just manipulate everyone!"

Mrs. Mendoza turned on me, blazing rage in her eyes. "You're quiet, young man. And I know you're guilty of this!"

I snapped.

I stood up, my chair producing a loud screech. "If you're gonna listen to a crying girl lie for her sake then you should listen to me! I'm trying to defend myself and I come off as defensive but if I stayed quiet, I'm guilty?! What kind of sick and twisted mindset is that?!"