Chapter 4: Acquaintances

Theo

"Theo?"

I swiveled my head around to the source of the sound.

"Can we... talk?" Hunter said with a sheepish smile as he slowly walked down the stairs. I felt my face heat up as he got closer to me. He sat down beside me and I had to look away so he wouldn't notice my tomato looking ass face. 

I gave an insouciant shrug. "Sure." Hunter seemed to notice my uneasiness.

"You seem uncomfortable." He said.

"I'm sorry, I just don't really like talking with strangers, really." I slightly turned my head towards him but continued looking down at my feet.

"Understandable, but we've had an interaction, right? Which leaves us... acquaintances." He explained with a faint smile. 

"I suppose..." 

"By the way. I'm really sorry about what happened there. What Reign did was inexcusable." He said with a frown. More like bitchy. And also, how could I refuse that kind of face?

I frowned as well. "It's fine. I mean it's just my drawing... and my clothes and my phone." My voice was harder than normal. I was still bitter honestly.

"I'm really sorry. If you want, I could buy you a new one?" He said so casually.

My eyes widened. "No! It's fine. Don't bother. As long as it doesn't happen again. That's all." 

He smiled. "I'll make sure of that." His smile was so contagious that I had to smile too. 

We stayed silent, the sound of water flowing and the sun shining down on it was perfect. The room also had a really big window that looked out the city, the busy part of the town. I could imagine the sun setting. It would be beautiful. And with the right person with you. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" 

I swiveled my head around again. "Hmm?"

He fixed his hair that was already perfect. "You look like you have something important in your mind. Hopefully you're still not thinking about what happened earlier." 

Why would he want to know what I was thinking?

"Oh no. I was just thinking about this room. Appreciating the beauty if I would say so." I explained. 

"So you're in fond of nature too?" He asked.

I let out a little smile. "Nature and beautiful views, imagine sitting here and looking out the window and admiring the sunset!" Enthusiasm sparked my voice.

He smiled at me back. 

I can't believe I'm actually talking to Hunter, and he's smiling at me. He's actually putting effort to smile, for me

"We seem to have a lot in common. You draw right? I saw your drawing back there. I was actually impressed, I just hoped I saw it at a different circumstances." He said. I nodded with an acknowledging smile. "I'd love to see some of your creations." He added

"And I'd love to show you." 

Oof, that sounded wrong. 

Once again, we fell silent along with the room, except for the flowing water and the faint rustling of the leaves. 

"Theo." He called out. I turned my head to him, he had a more serious expression now. "Is it okay with you if we become friends?" He had a very hopeful expression.