Chapter 16: Birthday Boy

Theo

September 10, Thursday

I stared at the closet in front of me, deciding on what to wear before getting a text from Cielo that he's almost here. I grabbed a white hoodie then a tan jacket to pair it. I put on glasses to bug Hunter, well, not really, I just want to.

I pulled on the hem of my shirt before taking a deep breath, imagining what could happen today. To make things worse, I ate cold sweet foods today. Really great for the voice, would recommend 10/10.

After a while of doing nothing, Cielo picked me up, along with my friends except for Athena, 'cause her parents didn't let her go to a party on a school night. We barely managed to persuade Mika's mom to let her come, Wei's mom didn't even argue, my mom said I just needed to be home before 10 PM.

We arrived at 6:30. The moment we saw the house, let me tell you, we gasped. Hunter said it was a house, no it wasn't. It was at least a four stories mansion, with a fucking rooftop. It was at least twelve times larger than my house. It had big ass gates, with guards

The front of the house, no, mansion, was gardened beautifully. The blue waters of the pool in the back was reflecting on the side walls that surrounds the house. I gaped at the massive size of the mansion overall.

We entered the house, and only realized big is an understatement. It was gargantuan. The living room is probably half the size of my house. The stairs lead to a balcony overlooking the living room, with large windows. One side of the living room had a circle couch into the ground, kind of like in a staircase way. And they had an 'I don't know but I'm sure it's over a hundred' inches TV. And they had two

I'd say this is the richest, biggest houses I've seen in my life but I'd be lying. 

I was so overwhelmed with the house I didn't even notice the celebrant approaching our group. Not until one of my friend shouldered me HARD on my side. I clutched my side, wincing in pain until I saw the fine boy in front of us. His white polo shirt had its first button unbuttoned. 

What the hell was he doing? How dare he look so hot and at the same time, innocent? How?!

"Hey, how are you guys doing?" He asked the four of us. They all said good in unison while I just looked at him.

Wei was the first to greet him a 'happy birthday'. While I was the last one.

"Now, I don't know what to give your rich ass." I said. "I mean, look at this!" I gestured to the enormous living room.

He laughed patting my shoulder. "It's fine, your presence is enough." He said... to us. I had my hopes up there.

"You never told us you were this level of rich!" I didn't need to scream because the music is low key. Not that loud but not too quiet. It was perfect. 

I glanced around the room for the third time. It's funny the fact that they didn't need to decorate the room, the room itself is the decoration.

He smiled at me, his eyes disappearing. "It's not really relevant, but I'm happy you guys like it! Anyways, I've got to go, gotta greet other people. Make yourselves at home!" He said, waving us goodbye.

I looked at my friends knowingly. "We heard the boy alright. Make ourselves at home!" I said, and I immediately went to the food. 

Hunter or Hunter's parents went all out! They had variety of food! Fast food, vegan, sweets, desserts, appetizers. There was even a fruit section! This is my kind of party.