Chapter 14: The Committee

Theo

"So you snapped?" Mika asked me.

We were at her house, discussing what just went down

I shoved a potato chip into my mouth. "Yes! I don't think I've been that mad for a long time."

She frowned, plopping down on her bed. "Yeah, I'd understand. You don't say that to someone with no absolute reason."

"Right?!" I agreed.

"Hopefully her reason is understandable. You're putting effort, time, money and possibly your health for running president. Hopefully you thought of that before you accepted."

I sighed, looking out the bedroom window. "Of course, running for president is actually one of my dreams. Not like it will change my life but it's in my bucket list. I know my wit and determination is enough for it. I just need help and support."

Mika grabbed my shoulder and squeezing it reassuringly. "That's what we are here for, Theo. We've been bestfriends since 4th grade."

I smiled at her, hugging her tightly. She was right. All of my life, not all of my goals were supported by my family. And the sad thing is those goals were the goals I was most passionate about, becoming a writer, becoming a singer, hell, even an actor, and being a fashion designer.

My mom was a little hesitant to give me money for the fabric, and the materials for the dress I wanted to make. So instead, it was my sister who helped me. And mom was the one who handled the sewing machine. Although she didn't understood it, she accepted it wholeheartedly.

What she wanted for me was to become a business manager. She wants me to become my own boss, to be self employed. But I do understand that perspective.

We didn't grow up rich.

Sometimes she's guilty she wasn't able to give us a good life growing up. But it didn't matter, we might not have a lot of money but we were full of love, as sappy as it sounds, but I'm stating the facts. We were together, through everything. Even if my dad wasn't involved.

I'm a person that understands and reasons two sides. So I understood her intention with what she wants us to become. I'm gonna fulfill her dream, but in a different way.

Thankfully, the lack of support from her, I get from my friends. They help me, maybe even more that I help them. They've became a family.

Mika smiled at me. "Want some cupcakes? My dad made some."

A smile crept into my face. "Hell yeah." I said. 

She jumped up and down, exiting the room and I followed her with a laugh.

...

Wednesday

After class.

I'm walking across the gym after talking to some of the homecoming committee members, I managed to join to help plan the dance, since it's only three weeks before the homecoming.

Many of kids in the committee are there just because they were serving detention, so I expected to do more work than expected. The only reason I joined is to build an image... well not the only reason but setting up a dance sounds hella fun and I'd be able to build a trust

We planned the concept of the homecoming event. I mostly focused on the homecoming dance rather than the game. The themes and stuff and unexpectedly, all of the students participated and gave good ideas. We also painted some banners for the parade and managed to come up with decent themes.