Chapter 22: Shopping Spree

Theo

My eyes fluttered open. The first thing that came into vision was a bright screen. I groaned which made me feel my fry throat. 

I rubbed the remaining sleep out of my eyes as I shifted to make myself comfortable again, I smiled in contentment and attempted to go back to sleep. When I heard a quiet laugh, and at the same time, my pillow rumbled. 

I lifted my head to look at what was wrong with my pillow, to find out I was sleeping on a shoulder. But it wasn't a normal shoulder. It was Hunter's shoulder. I looked at him to find him smirking at me.

"What happened?" I quietly asked, every word making it obvious that my throat was dry.

"Well, you slept on my shoulder." He said, his face illuminated by his phone while the rest of the room was dimly lit. He looked really good in that lighting.

"Wait, I did? Why didn't you at least remove it? You must've been uncomfortable." I said, frowning while my eyes could barely focus.

"Didn't wanna wake you up. And don't worry, it didn't make me uncomfortable." He said with a reassuring smile.

I rubbed my face, still trying to stay awake. I looked at my phone to find out it was 4 AM. I groaned loudly and laid back down on the bed, sighing. I reluctantly stood up and grabbed myself a some water, chugging down the whole cup.

I stared out the window, the sky still dark, the stars still visible. No sign of daylight whatsoever, the view outside was the woods and at least a mile were tall buildings, the busy part of the city.

I was looking out the window but not really focusing on what I was seeing, my mind was racing, my mind was recalling the events that occurred last night. And recalling the tightness in my chest of the thought of my father losing sight of the fact he still had children, children he took care, or suppose to. Then my mood was down again, my shoulder slumped.

I heard footsteps in the room but I didn't notice. When suddenly, an arm wrapped around my shoulders. I looked at the source of the gesture to find Hunter there, his face sorrowful.

"I know what you're thinking about, Theo. From the short time I've known you, I've picked up your habits." He said, slowly rubbing circles on my shoulder, bringing tingles all over my body. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here." 

I smiled at him gratefully. "Thanks Hunter, but I'm not looking forward to going to school with swollen eyes, as much as I would love to cry." I said to him, he looked down for a moment before looking up at me again.

"I guess..." He was about to walk away... then he looked at me again. "Do you need a hug?" He suddenly asked. 

I nodded wordlessly and he pulled me to his arms. I basked in his scent as he rubbed my back.

"Thanks, Hunter. You're the sweetest." 

"Don't be scared to ask hugs. Everyone needs one once in awhile." He said, his chest vibrating against mine. 

I was the first to pull away. "We need to go to school soon. I'd recommend preparing earlier." I said, he nodded and stepped away from me to set up his bags which we made the staff deliver here. 

...

The whole month of November came in a whirlwind. Month of activities and most especially, Halloween and the Thanksgiving fair. The whole school came together to celebrate Thanksgiving in a camp. Theo and his friends became extremely closer. 

A week before the ball.

Masha, Athena, Rhea and I were eating lunch as the others bought their food from the bustling cafeteria.