Chapter 12: The Offer

Theo

Reign found a small clearing, a few meters from where we were.

"So? Speak." I said as I crossed my arms.

She sighed. "So let's just get straight to it, run for president this year." She said VERY casually. Like it was the norm or whatever.

"What?" I asked, straightening up.

"I know it's all of a sudden. There's a better explanation for this, but you can't know... yet."

I flashed her a look. "Hell yeah it's all of a sudden. We don't even know each other that much, our first interaction was not that cute and now you're commanding me to do something extreme?" I said with enough sass.

She rolled her eyes and faced the forest. "You're really not gonna do it? At least, consider it?" She asked, not facing me.

"Hell to the no." I said with a click of my tongue. 

I was about to walk away when what she said next stopped me in my tracks.

"I know your secret." Reign's voice said behind me. 

I slowly faced her. "I don't have any secrets, so, gotcha." I grinned, doing my celebratory dance.

She finally faced me, her brow raised. "Really? Something about... my boyfriend? Does it ring a bell?" She said.

And my blood ran cold, freezing in place.

"N-No? What are you talking about?" I asked, playing dumb.

She laughed humorlessly, giving me a forcing look. "Theo, I know so much about you, I know every personal detail about you. And no, not because I'm a stalker of some sort, no way."

That made my brows furrow. "Then why?"

She sighed and was about to walk away, she stopped. "Consider what I said and I will not tell Hunter, I'll even tell you the answers if you're not smart enough to figure it out." She said before disappearing. 

I stared at where she stood in confusion.

...

Next day

I woke up, and with Athena's legs on top of mine. Why am I not surprised? I groaned and removed it, the weight on my legs descending. I sighed in relief and fumbled around the sheets for my phone. It's really surprising for it to be too comfortable sleeping in a tent, they really spoiled us with the soft beds and everything, I'm so privileged to have a rich school, ha. 

Apparently, it's 8 AM. I woke up very early considering the time I went to bed. Anyways. I shoved mint in my mouth since I didn't bring my toothbrush.

"Hey, do we have to write or take down notes while in here?" I asked Rex, a classmate who was styling her hair in the other side of the tent.

"Yeah, I think. They said we have to... kinda share in class on Monday." We groaned at the same time, her hand slapping down loudly on her leg. "I know, it's horrible." She added.

"Really. I can't just enjoy anything, can't I?"

I shook my head, scrolling through Instagram. The rest of my classmates finally woke up at 9 AM, including the two of my bestfriends. 

I wore a flannel shirt, with a half tuck on ripped jeans. I slicked my hair back with gel and borrowed Cielo's glasses. 

I brought out the surprisingly untouched gummies from my bag. I didn't expect that I could keep myself from eating them all in one sitting. It may have happened once... or everytime. I finished them while my friends got ready for a long day.