Chapter 6: Invitation

Theo

"The value of the number determine if it's going on top or bottom." 

Top or bottom.

We were learning some algebra that I knew already. At least it's gonna give me an edge, I could not listen but still ace the exam. 

I decided to do something that I hopefully wouldn't regret. I wrote Hunter's name in Calligraphy on my notebook. I actually focused on the curls and precise shading. I was a natural at calligraphy, I'll admit. I decided to do it again, but with a different color.

Mrs. Coffey suddenly called my name. I looked up and closed my notebook as quick as I can. "Ma'am" I stood up.

"A question for you Mr. Willshire." 

Why does the teachers really like to target me? 

She pointed at the board. "If four raised to three is on top and five raised to two on the bottom. Where do we subtract the exponent?"

"On four. Because it has the bigger value of exponent." I answered her question.

She nodded and I sat down as she started handing us our homework. 

One thing that irritates me is sometimes, teachers forget that students have a life too, most students have families to spend time with. And yet, they give us a million homeworks a day. Of course giving a take home assignment is okay and all but if we're already spending time 1/4 of our day to school then we have practice that lasts two to four hours, and we have to study for the next topic and then do a million assignments, how much time can we still invest in our actual life?

I dismissed the rant in my mind and read the paper Mrs. Coffey gave us. 

Whatever, I only have to endure two years of this and it's done.

I stood up and gathered my things and went to the locker hall. I put my Math textbook in and got out my Science notebook. I didn't put my recreational notebook because, no doubt, I'll need it. I started to close my locker to suddenly find Reign's face.

"Ah!" I jumped up in shock.

My eyes immediately went to her left hand on her hip and wandered over to her right one touching another locker.

She looked at me funny. "What the hell are you doing?" She asked as she caught my eyes wondering.

"You don't have coffee with you?" I asked warily. Keeping my guards up.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Yesterday was truly an accident. It was just too funny to not laugh at." She stifled a laugh and I glared at her.

"Do you need anything?" I closed my locker with a loud metallic thud as I asked coldly which made her smile.

"Well. I want to invite you to my party this coming Friday. 7:00 PM. Here's the address." She handed me a piece of paper.

I looked back at her with one brow raised. "Why?"

She sighed and pulled on the hem of her dress. "I invited half the school, not only you." She said.

"Yeah, I got that, but why do you want me to be in your party? We're not exactly friends." I explained.

She rolled her eyes. "It's your choice if you want to come or not. If you ever came, you'll be making an impression to the school and that wouldn't hurt." She curled a lock of hair on her finger as she talked. 

I just nodded at that with furrowed brows. 

Her mouth a straight thin line. "I do suggest that you come." She left but before she walked up the stairs, she called my name. I looked at her. "You can invite your Ming Squad." She said before disappearing.