Chapter 2: Embarrassment

Theo

After the break. We were called out into the gymnasium for the welcome assembly. This happens yearly anyways, they welcome the students or something like that. People are gonna dance or whatever. They aren't great at it really. I can dance better... when I'm alone in my room.

Anyway, out of topic. The squad sat together as always, this time, Hunter's group was sitting close to us. How did I know? Because I scout every move they did. No I'm not a stalker, I'm just weirdly obsessed with one of them. I can view his head. His silky black hair, which his girlfriend was currently playing. How dare she ruin something perfect and beautiful such as his hair. I noticed him whispering things at her ear. She laughed and lightly punched his arm. 

I can do better than that, but at your face, Reign Pharsa

My friends had conversations on their own. And I was left alone with my thoughts, while waiting for the program to start. Athena showed us a video on her phone, it was her in her childhood days. It was freaking funny as hell. I'm very much scared to laugh because other sounds come out besides laughter. I couldn't contain it and laughed at the video with them, wiping at my eyes, I tried to breathe and gasp for air at the same time but ended up with a snort. A good number of people around us laughed and looked at us. Gosh, I was attracting unwanted attention.

"I love your laugh!" Some girl from my left said.

"When the laugh is funnier than the joke." A guy behind me said.

"How do you do that?" And an annoying voice from my right said. 

Voices asked and passed side to side. I just dismissed them and continued watching the video. Right after it ended, the principal, Mr. Martinez, walked over to the center and waited until all attention was onto him. 

He cleared his throat before speaking "Like every year. Students enter and leave High School. We very much welcome-- blah blah blah and so much more nonsense. 

I dismissed his voice and just played in my phone. Mostly reading wholesome memes. Trying not to laugh was tough, especially if you're giddy and in the mood to laugh. I eventually got bored and pocketed my phone. 

I had the urge to look down at Hunter and his girlfriend to just find them doing all the sweet stuff. Like, Hunter kissing her cheek, whispering sweet nothings and Reign resting her head on his shoulder. I'd like to pour a bucket of ants on them so that they get eaten and die, since they're so sweet.

Lots of reminders and 'close to average' dancing passed. We finally got the freedom we deserve after three hours that was wasted. We took our lunch outside and under the oak tree I was speaking about.

We usually shared each other's lunch. I was more on a rice-guy, also because being an Asian from the south-east gives me the privilege of eating rice everyday. I had eggs with rice, bacon from Cielo's lunch, and sausages from Wei's. It was very delicious, especially knowing it was free and at the same time, eating with friends. 

After eating, I really had to pee and so I did, I went to the bathroom and after my business, I went out to wash my hands, the boy's bathroom was surprisingly clean. I didn't even notice the figure behind me, zipping his pants up. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, getting a closer look at a zit on my hairline. I looked like shit-- I got a quick glance at the mirror at who was behind me, to finally realize that Hunter is in the same room as me. My eyes widened, I hurriedly grabbed my bag and left the bathroom, embarrassed that he saw me in that state, good thing he didn't know who I was.