Chapter 45: The Traitorous Princess

Theo

Amidst the preparation for the last assembly, Rhea has just revealed herself to Theo.

"What?!" I screamed as I stopped pounding on the door, pressing my ear against the door.

I then heard a sigh. "You know, if you weren't persistent on winning the damned election, I wouldn't have to do any sabotaging against you. If you just... didn't interfere, we would've became true friends."

"HOLD UP! You've been behind everything?! You're the one that's been messing with us?!" I half asked, half screamed.

Another exasperated sigh. "I thought you were smart. I expected you to find out at the Winter Ball." 

"What about it?!" I asked but then paused as the gears started to turn in my head. 

Her incident was the only one that didn't have a note and that night, she also attacked me other than other people. And I realized just how dumb I am. She's saved one of my innocent friends for last so that I'd accuse them and now it's all too late.

"Do you realize now, Theo? I was the one who was behind the beating up and I left that fan as evidence for you and your puny friends but you were all too stupid to figure it out! I was behind that spray painting incident too! I never expected you to rise from those things but you did and I had to make move on cutting every help you had. Then at that Homecoming, I didn't expect Shane to be belittling you! But I didn't complain, you were losing hope. Everything was perfect and you were eliminated from the election but then that Shane Harrington ruined EVERYTHING!" She blindly admitted.

I was stunned, my knees buckled and I couldn't support myself to which I sunk to the floor, my eyes heating up. "H-How? But you helped me with that presentation! You wouldn't do that if you wanted me out of the election!"

I heard another sigh. "You're so stupid. I gave you a work that's the same as mine and I informed the teachers that I had lost my work so that they'd think you stole mine! That's why they voted you out!"

My tears came spilling down at the words that was coming out of her mouth. I can't believe I've been so blind all this time! I was looking for the culprit when all this time, they were beside me. 

"Oh and I found out about you and Hunter. Congrats! But I'm gonna have to say this, that night of the Valentine's day event? I seduced him, he kissed me, he kissed me while you were freezing to death!"

I didn't believe her, but it was still frustrating to hear it. Hunter would never do that to me and this bitch just wanted to undermine me. Unfortunately, it's working. 

"I-I don't understand, Rhea. I thought we were friends? I helped you as much as I can... and this is how you repay me?"

She went silent for a moment. "I already told you, Theo. Those sabotaging was against what I felt. You are the only one that gave a damn about me in that group. I had to do what my family told me, It was nothing personal."

And then it clicked.

"WAIT... You're a Sterling aren't you?! You're Renza Sterling's daughter!" 

"...Perceptive. My family deserves every right on this land than your family. Accept it." 

Her voice started to get muffled and low as I tried to peek through the cracks but I couldn't see anything until I realized what she was doing.

"Are you taping the door?! LET ME OUT YOU BITCH!" I pounded on the door but to no avail. My hand was red and numb but I didn't give up. I pounded until I couldn't.