Chapter 25: Forgive and Forget?

Theo

A few days later

Mom drove us to the school for the fundraiser, also the last day for this year before Holiday break. As soon as I stepped through the entrance, the smell of food engulfed my nose. 

The first familiar face I saw was Reign. She excused herself as I pretended to look around. When she reached me, I flitted my gaze from the sky to her, she had her arms open wide. I hugged her tightly with a slight whimper.

"It's okay." She said as I pulled away.

"I'm actually okay now. We met at the park just a few days ago." I explained, Mal, or Reign now, nodded all the while. 

"What happened?" 

"I... I just explained my side while they explained their side. I don't know how long I'll hold this grudge..." I said, pulling my coat tight against the cold.

"For the years I've known you? You don't hold grudges, especially if you're close to that person." Reign said, squeezing my hand as I nodded in understanding. 

"Remember that time you were so excited to go home to eat that really big gummy worm? And then when you went home, you found out I ate it, aunt Christina gave it to me because I scraped my knee and I wouldn't stop crying. You were so mad that you screamed at me so I started crying louder, then we apologized to each other a few hours later?" She said as a smile started forming on my lips.

"I barely even remember that. You were an asshole back then." I said to which we laughed.

"Yeah, what I'm trying to say is you forgive easily." She said which made me groan. "But that's not a bad thing! You see reason in everything, that's a good trait in a human." She added with a warm smile.

I returned the smile and hugged her tightly again. "You owe me that big gummy worm." 

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go explore the booths."

We walked side by side as we passed by different booths. Poem writing, food, hot chocolate, songwriting and more. 

The point of this fundraiser is to either donate to charity or renovate broken things in the school. So at least, it was going to good. And that's why people really work hard for this fundraiser, they do it at least once every two years. 

"I actually haven't seen aunt Christina in a good minute. Does she know?" She asked suddenly.

"About you or about...?" 

"Both?" 

"Well, yeah to both, you know that woman, I can't keep any secrets from her." I said with a laugh. "Actually, your mom called her a while ago that you guys moved here. I guess she didn't inform us." 

"That was my request. You'd literally torment her until you find out where we are." She said. I looked at her, mouth and eyes wide.

"How dare you!" I said before slapping her arm. She laughed while rubbing her arm. 

We were walking peacefully until I saw Hunter with Luke and his bros. I hastily looked away but I saw in the last second he looked at me. I continued to look interested in the different booths, and hope to God that he's not currently approaching us. 

"Let's go Reign! I saw a really good booth there!" I pointed randomly at a booth and pulled her with me, away from Hunter. I hid behind one of the tents, looking around to see if someone managed to follow us. 

"What are you doing?" Reign said before looking at where my eyes were. 

Hunter looked crestfallen, scratching his head, his hair silkily falling to his forehead.