Chapter 3: Music

Chapter 3: Music

Theo

I opened the door that had a glass looking into the room. The room had wooden floors that was neatly polished. It had a small enough window to fit a person high up the wall. The sunlight was shining right at the door, particularly at me. Small particles of dust fly around the sunlight as I closed the door behind me with a soft click. I began looking around the room, observing the instruments. It had a big piano and a small electric one. It had a drum set, and all the instrument that you'll need. 

I sat down and gently lifted up the lid of the piano, then tapped a few keys, the deep sound echoing around the room. I decided to try it out and sing a song I was writing. 

I started singing the first verse, pouring my heart into my voice as I tapped the piano keys, my voice slightly harmonizing along with the notes. As I finished the first verse, I paused for a few seconds then prepared for the chorus. 

'I missed the day when we first met, I miss the day when we first let... our heart open for each other.'

I kept playing the piano while humming the wordless tune of my unfinished song. I finished the song with a few runs and riffs, seizing the moment. 

Then all of a sudden, after I tapped the last key, an enthusiastic clap pulled me out of my singing session. I turned around, horrified to find out a person was with me. A girl, smiling. She had blonde hair which the sun was shining on, making it glow. I recognize her somewhere though.

"That was so good!" She squealed as she finished clapping. "That deserves to be discovered and put out to the world!" She complimented while I just smiled awkwardly.

"Um. T-thank you so much! But how long have you been listening there?" I asked sheepishly. 

"Long enough to hear the most talented voice ever! Seriously, your voice is world class!" She keeps complimenting when all I could do was smile. 

A handsome guy stuck his head in the room and had a relieved expression when she saw the girl, I think this was the guy who tripped me yesterday? 

"My name is Masha!" She extended a hand for a handshake.

"Um. Theodore. But you could call me Theo. If... you'd like though! Not by force but--" She interrupted me by taking my hand and shaking it with a smile which causes her eyes to disappear. She was actually really beautiful. She had very light makeup which complements her look and her hair. 

"Nice to meet you Theo!" She greeted but was cut off by the guy's voice.

"Masha. We need to go, leave the poor guy alone." He said to Masha.

"I-It's fine, really." I reassured with a smile. Now this was surely the guy who tripped me. He had blonde wavy hair, styled really perfectly. He had bright blue eyes, lips REAL red and his brows were thick, to be honest, he was extremely attractive.

"Theo is it? I'm sorry for tripping you yesterday, I thought you were someone I knew, I couldn't say sorry because you already walked away." He apologized to me. 

I smiled reassuringly again. "It's fine! Again, a mistake." 

"Thank you for forgiving, It won't happen again, I promise. By the way, my name's Luke." He also extended a palm, which I took and shook gently.

"Nice to meet you Luke." I smiled as I released his hand.

"We'll leave you for now. Masha, let's go. Nice to meet you again Theo!" They waved goodbye to which I returned. 

After they left, I smiled to myself as I shifted on the piano seat. 

Wow. I forgot how tiring and awkward to socialize with other people. But nonetheless, I did it