Erina[9]

||
We were now on campus and we were both seated on the bench in front of the dorms, the sun beginning to set.

"Your father was gone and so were you. When the police couldn't find you, i got desperate and trained my quirk  day and night so I'd be able to work for the hero administration and have more resources but no matter how hard I looked...I couldn't find you. I had looked everywhere even at the shrine he used to take refuge in. But as the years went by, I began to lose hope. I had no idea what you looked like, or even if you had the same name...I don't know why your father took you but I searched... I joined a secret underground sector within the hero administration that deals with search and rescue. That's where I met Ryuko and I used my anger and sorrow from losing my own child help me in rescuing other children and hopefully maybe I'd find you but I never did...I couldn't save you..."

"..."

"For 9 years...I searched for you...even when the case went dead...I-i never abandoned you, Erina..." She raised her hand up to try and touch my shoulder but I tensed, slapping her hand away.

My mind a mess as I tried to wrap my head around everything...

"Even if what you say is true...where have you been this entire time...9 years huh? Well I've been alive 16...so where the hell were you huh? Why...why did you stop looking for me..."

"Again..."

If what she said was true then that meant everything i ever knew was a lie...

"—You've come far Izanami, your mother and I are proud of you..."

Father...why would he...

"After 9 years went by, I decided to take a mission. A mission regarding a little girl who needs my help..." She brought out a picture of a little girl with long bluish, off white hair, messy and unkempt. She had wide innocent looking crimson red eyes and poking from the right side of her forehead was a small brown horn. She's adorned in a short sleeved dress stained a dirty pale yellow color with bandages wrapped around her arms and legs.

"This is a little girl named Eri and right now as we speak she's experimented on and tortured by a villain known as Overhaul."  My breath hitched at the information, my head turned to look at her in shock. Her gaze however was staring forward sternly. "Six years, I spent infiltrating into the Yakuza clan to get into the Eight Precepts and rescue Eri. Right now, plans are being made to save her and if I had stayed in my grief searching for you, this little girl would've never been found. But even still when I had the spare time, I'd dive deeper into the shadows and form connections with the most Ruthless of villains in hopes of finding any information on you. Even going as far as to infiltrate the league of villains as I had received information that your father used to work for the super villain All for One...Rumors had spread that the infamous Reaper your father had found a successor, one who would soon be taking his place and serving Tomura Shigaraki...I could only assume it was you."

"In truth, I hated myself for failing to break your mothers as well as my vow to protect you...so I did the only thing I could...instead of grooming you to serve and protect Shigaraki; I taught you to protect yourself. To fight. To keep fighting as if today was your last. And from what I've seen so far, even if I failed at being a father, you still managed to grow into a fine strong woman.

No...it can't be...was he really training me for that...

"That's when I got the call from Ryuko, telling me to cut on the TV and I saw you on the screen the day of the sports festival."

"Ryuko you know I'm not supposed to have any contact with—"

"Turn on channel 46 now!"