Cutting Ties [32]

Play song - Ronins theme 
||

An intense silence coursed through the room, unsettling the rodent. He opened his eyes to check her reaction but found none because she wasn't there. She was gone.

Nezu's eyes crinkled more in distress, beads of moisture lining them knowing just how much his words really affected her. And how she'd have to deal with it alone...

"Gomen...Izanami..."

||

The door to the bar slammed open abruptly, shaking the room slightly. A calm silver haired girl strolled across the room to the back door that led to the apartments on the second floor.

"Woah." Twice commented as he had nearly dropped his playing cards.

"Somebodies mad." Toga hummed, looking at her deck. "Hey, Patchy!" Toga called out to a certain lone spiky black haired male at the bar having a drink. The male ignored her though, throwing back a shot of gin. It was rare for the male to be even caught dead at the hideout but he had business to attend to in Musutafu. He also had an errand to run for Shigaraki so he'd be hitting two birds with one stone really. The only ones there other than him, Twice, Toga, and surprisingly Asuna.

"Burnt toast. Human Heater. Zombie boi. Thriller. Hawks boyfrien—"

"One day, I will kill you." Dabi replied dryly which made Toga grin in satisfaction at being able to annoy the older boy.

"Shouldn't you try and go check up on her, she is now your partner now after all." Toga sung.
Twice nodded in agreement rapidly.

"I could care less, I'm not her mommy." Dabi grumbled boredly, staring into nothingness.
"So be her Dadi then." Toga countered slyly causing a gut wrenching silence to ensue through the bar. "Get it, Dadi, Dabi hehe~" Toga cackled at her own joke but pouted at the deadpanned looks the men around her gave, even Twice.

"Geez, tough crowd." Toga mumbled, slamming a card down.

||

Meanwhile, I was unlocking the door to my apartment. Soon as I open the door, I stiffen at the silver haired woman whom sat in one of the chairs in the room. Her arms were crossed and her head was tilted back, eyes shut calmly. "Finally, I've been waiting forever."

"What do you want." I inquired stoically, glancing at the door behind me.

"Geez, not even a hey Mom! How ya doing?"  The woman responded sarcastically but I stared at her blankly trying my hardest to contain my already boiling emotions.

Asuna frowned at her daughters unusual attitude. She was used to Izanamis unpleasant attitude but she thought they had already got past that. Asuna stood up and approached the younger girl with narrowed eyes, analyzing the girl silently.

"Is something the matter?" Asuna asked hesitantly, worry lacing her tone as she reached out to rest a hand on the girls shoulder but Izanami stepped back. "It's not important."

Asuna couldn't help the scowl that etched itself into her face at the younger girls sudden hostility. "Clearly, it is. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me."

"It will help if you could just leave me alone." Izanami requested, her eyes shadowed by her bangs.

"Fine, I left you something on your bed. Shigaraki has a mission for you and Dabi in a few hours, so I'd trade in that old costume of yours in for this one." Asuna sighed before swiveling on her heel and exiting out into the hall. Asuna went to turn around and speak but the loud slam of the door in her face made irk marks stain her temple.
That little brat?! After everything I've done for h—