Civil War [53]

|6 months later|

It was a bright and beautiful day, the sun high in the sky shining down on the civilians below that walked the peaceful streets of Musutafu. Half of the prisoners from Tartarus had been recaptured but the other 250 that had escaped were gone in the wind, including the hero killer Stain and Dabi. The League still remained quiet despite All for Ones death which unsettled many but gave others hope. With the death of All for One, many thought that the villains had decided to cower back to the shadows. However, this time the heroes wouldn't let them, no a plan was conducted to wipe out the league once and for all. Every hero is Musutafu had gathered together to attack the location where Shigaraki was holed up for his transferrance of All for One. A large abandoned hospital located near the heart of the city was the battleground until the hospital every building within its radius faded away into nothing but ash and dust, one man at the center of all of it. The heroes that remained standing went to attack the man but he outstretched his arms calmly causing a large devastating shockwave to blast out. 

"You heroes are just to predictable." Shigaraki murmured, levitating off of the ground before disappearing in a flurry of black liquid.

The council members sat Idly in a secure room, waiting for word back of how the attack on league had gone. It wasn't until the room rattled briefly before a heavily injured man with red rings burst into the room.
"H-hawks? What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be—"

"There's no time! We have to get you all out of here now! Shigaraki knows you're here—" His words were caught in his throat as an odd liquid portal appeared at the center of the room and a shaggy haired man stepped through, causing the temperature in the room to drop a couple degrees. "Well well, what do we have here...I hope I'm not late to the party?" He murmured before fishing around in his pockets and pulling out a round object, displaying it between his thumb and pointer. It was an eyeball.

Nezu frowned upon realizing what was in his hand was an lone eye, and the thought of wondering who's eye it belonged to made his nerves go haywire.  "They say a man's worst fear is dying in his sleep, but in reality his worst fear isn't dying, it's being killed without the chance to fight back." Shigaraki tossed the eye over his shoulder casually causing an administration member to shriek as the squishy part landed in front of her. "So you can imagine my frustration having to wake up to someone trying to take my life while I was, resting."

"What do you want, Shigaraki?" Nezu inquired calmly despite the dangerous man in the center of the room. Nezu stiffened as the male started laughing psychotically, rubbing a hand over his face, peeling back his greasy hair to reveal his intense red orbs.

"What do I want you ask?" He started. "I want the world to see just how helpless you pathetic heroes are, a villain Utopia. I want to expose how fragile and flawed your corrupt society really is because Heroes and villains are just two sides of the same coin, you all have your own agendas. And at the end of the day, you're no different from us. You can't protect anyone... but you can sure as hell try. But I do wonder? Now that you've sent your precious little Samurai to her grave, who's gonna protect you now?"

Nezu's eyes widened slightly in concern but he masked it quickly.

"If you had really come here to kill us, you would've done it by now." Nezu replied calmly, with furrowed brows trying to understand why the man had yet to harm them.

"Oh no, you see that's just to easy. This, all of this, is just a game to me, and you heroes are simply obstacles in my way to the final boss." Shigaraki paused, tilting his head like an innocent child, "You have 24 hours to deliver Izuku Midoriya to me."

"And if we don't." Hawks ground out, raising his weapon more in defense.

"Then, I hereby declare war."

The tension in the room grew thicker as sweat stained the mammals forehead at the declaration. Izanami was right.... 

"Nezu...please I've never asked you for anything but just this once could you please just listen to me!? This war is inevitable, you shouldn't be wasting your time and resources trying to prevent it, you need to prepare to face it!"

Nezu stayed silent as the madman grinned eerily, the same black liquid like portal appearing behind him from before. "And just to let you know I'm not playing around." The attack was faster than him nor the rank 2 hero could comprehend as every single administration member except for him was pinned dead to their seat with a sharp spear like bone in their chests. Nezu looked around in horror at his collegues, causing Shigaraki's grin to widen more.

"Welcome to the end times."

And with that, Shigaraki disappeared without another word. The room was silent for another moment before Nezu quickly slipped out of his seat, making way toward the exit. "Hold on, Nezu where are you going?! Aren't you gonna make an announcement? Tell the authorities? What do you want us to do, you're the only one left?!" Hawks limped after animal whom pulled out his phone.

"Contact the hero agencies, law enforcement, every ally and contact the administration has and send a message to every single hero in Musutafu, including the workstudy agencies. Izuku Midoriya must be protected at all costs."

"What should I tell them?" Hawks barked.

"Tell them we're going to war."

And with that, Nezu walked outside of the facility, the sounds of police and ambulance sirens barreling toward the building he stood in front of in the distance.

"—Now that you've sent your precious little Samurai to her grave, who's gonna protect you now?"

Izanami...

Immediately pulling out a small burner phone, Nezu hesitantly dialed the singular contact in the phone. Pushing the dial button, the animal brought the phone to his ear, a grave expression on his features.

"She was right, just as I expected...it's time..."

Nezu released a shaky sigh, averting his watery orbs elsewhere. "I have a feeling she's in danger...a helicopter will be sent for there for the both of you." Nezu paused, shutting his eyes in regret as her voice echoed in his memory.

"Specs..."

You see, like Izanami. Nezu had kept his own secrets. In truth, he had never lost faith in Izanami but no one could be trusted. With the league on her tail, Purgatory was the safest place on earth away from the league. The only place where Izanami could prepare for the war and not be bothered. It was the only way to appease the public and get her out of the tough spot she was in. Though, she may never come to know the truth, everything he had done was for her own protection. For her sake...
Purgatory was the only way for her to tap into her fifth stage, to truly take on Susanoo and master control. Nezu would rather much see her survive this war and hate him for the rest of  his life than lose her life because of it. Izanami had made her sacrifices and Nezu had made his own.

"If not for me...then for U.A...for them...class A is in danger...you have to prepare them...everyone..."

"Izanami's in danger...Bring her home, Todoroki."

||

~Author-sama
Thoughts on Nezu? It seems he intentionally sent Izanami to purgatory to keep her safe. I plan to drop more later after I do homework