Trial [51]

||

"Let us begin."

Nezu started from his position at the lead podium causing everyone except for the defense to sit down. "Izanami Shi against Musutafu."

I looked over my shoulder briefly at the people whom had came to witness the trial. It was a private trial that didn't include many like the usual. Behind me was Aizawa and a few civilian representatives from each district in Musutafu as well as a few others like All Might. Majority of the actual heroes were hunting the other escapees and I couldn't hope but wonder if Dabi had made it out safe. I need to speak with him soon...

Nezu took a deep breath upon analyzing the files in front of him and offered me an apologetic look as the lead judge but I merely nodded. As hurt as I still was by how he had treated me lately, I still had to respect that he was only doing his job just as I had done mine.
This trial was inevitable as long as I existed and I knew it would come sooner or later. I just didn't think it would come at the wrong time... A war was approaching and everyone was to focused on giving me shit to see it.

"Musutafu." Nezu urged the civilian representative to the right of me to speak.

"Izanami Shi, a former well known rising hero whom betrayed hero society to apparently go undercover in the notorious villain organization, the league of villains on behalf of the hero administration's orders." The citizen paused, "Now we get it, it's the same as when the police department may send a cop to go undercover in a gang? However, being a small time undercover drug dealer and becoming an actual villain are two separate things. Izanami Shi has commited several unanswered felonies during her time undercover as the villain Ronin. Hundreds of criminals and villains get sent to Tartarus for much lesser crimes. She's broken out of Tartarus twice yet is still allows to roam free? The public demands justice! The administration must take responsibility and punish that girl once and for all!"

I remained silent, listening to the harsh comments and criticism from the other civilian representatives. "Miss Shi, how do you plead?" Nezu inquired.

"With all due respect, Your honor" I started sarcastically with a hint of annoyance towards the lead civilian rep. "The accusations made against me are very much over exaggerated. "I didn't just go around committing felonies without reason. I've stated before that anything I've ever did in the league was for the sake of my mission. In order to infiltrate the league of villains, I had to become a villain. I had no choice. How can you expect me to be a bad guy yet judge me when I do bad guy things."

"Even so, a criminal is still a criminal whether you're acting or not. Izanami Shi's mission was to infiltrate the league of villains not the Shie Hissaikai, another criminal organization!"

"In order to gain Shigaraki's trust I had to infiltrate the Shie Hissaikai and give him Overhaul. Shigaraki wanted to take down Overhaul just as badly as the heroes did, I saw it as hitting two birds with one stone." I countered.

"If that's the case why did you abduct the little girl?" The representative interrogated.

Because she's actually my sister and my mother was just using me to get to Eri.

"I needed to deliver Overhaul to Shigaraki without making him suspicious. Taking Eri was the only way to get him to lower his guard. Besides, I needed Eri to heal me with her quirk as I had gotten a near fatal injury during the raid. If I had not taken Eri and intervened, Nighteyes prophet would've came true and Overhaul would've escaped with Eri, killing
one of my classmates in the process. If I hadn't taken Eri, trust she would not have fallen into the heroes hands. If I truly wanted to harm the girl let alone anyone, she would've long been in the leagues hands and atleast half the people  in this room would be dead."