The End [60]

|Finale|

"What are you doing here here? I heard you were on lockdown at Endeavors." I murmured lowly.

The older male, leaned against the doorway with a smirk. "I broke out from Tartarus, so you seriously think i can't sneak out of Endeavors hero agency."

I rolled my eyes, and didn't respond. He took that as his cue to continue, "Listen, Stain reached out to me..."

"What did he say?"

"I think it's best if I show you."

My brows furrowed at his words. Shifting my attention to the sleeping boy on my lap, and then back to Dabi. After a second, I sighed and slipped out from underneath Izuku, "Lead the way." Sneaking past the hospital guard, we made it outside into the cold night air.

"Let's go." He grumbled.

Before I knew it, we were sitting on the train, the words Kyoto flashing on the destination screen. "Why are we going to Kyoto?" I questioned with furrowed brows in confusion as to why we were visiting my home town at this time of night.

"You'll see."

I kept quiet, the gears in my mind tuning as I followed him through the streets of Kyoto down a familiar path until we stood at the base of a long stair way that led to my childhood home.

"Dabi..." I warned but he didn't answer, pulling me up the stair way. Reaching the top, he nodded toward the Shrine in the distance where there were two figures; one that seemed to be laying on the ground and another that stood by it. The closer we got, the faster my heart began to beat in my chest as we came to a stop in front of the two.

"Took you long enough." Stain grumbled with crossed arms as I stared blankly at the paralyzed woman on the ground. It was Asuna.

"Consider my debt for Tartarus paid." Stain stated. Dabi nodded and shifted his attention back to the silent teen.

"What is this..." I murmured.

"What does it look like?" Dabi retorted.

I didn't reply and simply crouched down and moved her hair, to reveal her scowling face.
We stared at each other for a few seconds before I judged her body on its back so her face was visible. Pushing myself back up, I stared down at the woman for another few seconds, my anger and rage brewing.

"Without me, you wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to wash all that blood from your hands!"

"You know there was once a moment when all I ever did was dream of meeting you...So when I was given the chance, I would've done anything to have a shot at having a real mom...to finally have someone on my side."

"That's why I want you to meet someone."

"I trusted you...because I thought you were family...I thought you were the only one who understood me and wanted to help me..."

But I was wrong.

"But you used me...you were supposed to be my mother but instead you manipulated me into betraying and hurting the people I love...You didn't give a damn about what was best for me, you made me think I didn't have a choice...that it was necessary...that in the end, it would be worth it."

But it wasn't. None of it was.

"I sacrificed everything for you...and you used me."

She clicked her tongue, with narrowed eyes. "Yeah, I used you, I'll admit that but don't blame me for your case of bad judgement. Everything you did, was on your accord. Granted, I gave you the gun but you're the one who always pulled the trigger."