Ronin [12]

||

"I know this is a lot to process Izanami but I figured I'd lay everything out on the table, and I hope after everything you've seen today you realize just how important my work is..."

I was silent for a moment but nodded nonetheless. "I understand. And I don't blame you for not being there." I murmured.

Asuna's eyes lidded in relief and I merely offered her a small smile. "If that's all then, I assume I should take my leave. I promised Nejire I'd do like female bonding with her and the others girls." I mumbled reluctantly and I got up.

"Actually there is something else I wish to speak with you. A request and a proposition actually..."

I raised a brow and she smiled sheepishly, "I was hoping in the nearby future once the kids have gotten of age, could you help them in controlling their powers? And be a mentor of sorts to them?"

My brows furrowed slightly in confusion at her request, "Isn't that your job." I stated bluntly causing her to sweatdrop. "Ahh yes but as you can see I've been busy lately besides you're a smart girl I'm sure you can tell that what I do is rather dangerous...I promised I'd be there to watch them grow but at the rate I'm going now I fear I won't get to be in either of your lives for very long..." Her eyes cast down and I couldn't help the tiny ounce of jealousy in my eyes at the way she talked about the kids. Although I knew I didn't have the right to hold a grudge.

As if knowing what I was thinking she immediately shook her head in reassurance, "please don't give me that look, it's just I've looked after those kids for quite a while and—"

I shook my head cutting off her excuses, averting my eyes. "It's alright, those kids probably need you more than I do."

Asuna frowned at her daughters words and I stiffened as she suddenly appeared in front of me bringing me into a warm embrace.

"Don't say that." She uttered. "No matter what happens, even if you don't need me, you have and always will be my first and foremost child Izanami. Nothing will change that." I felt the muscles of my chin tremble and I scowled at my own emotional turmoil. Immediately I pushed her away, rubbing at my eyes, "It's not that I'm jealous or anything it's just...I just met you..."

"—at the rate I'm going now I fear I won't get to be in either of your lives for very long..."

"Even though I've survived this long without you, I can't help but feel annoyed at the thought of you disappearing from my life again. We'll rarely have enough time as it is with your work...I just want some time with you...even if it's a little." I mumbled lowly, finally warming up to the woman.

Despite her indifferent facade, the snow haired teen couldn't help the childish sorrow that bloomed in her gut at losing her another family member.Even if her father was terrible person, He was her father afterall and Izanami loved him.

"Gomen..."

I just don't wanna lose another person...

"Maybe you can?" She suddenly perked up, rushing over behind her desk. My brows furrowed in curiosity as she reached into her bag and pulled out another file, tossing it on the desk. I opened the file to see three documents. The first had a picture of an auburn haired man with thin golden irises and a plague doctor mask.

The villain she told me about the other day...Kai Chisaki : Overhaul.

I skimmed over the villains documents before flipping to the next document to see the same whit haired little girl with the horn.

Eri...

And last but not least, I flipped to the next page and stiffened at the image of the shaggy haired man.