Purgatory [54]

|Civil War Arc|

"I don't need your help, I could've gotten her out on my own."

"What? And have the heroes blame us for you getting yourself killed? I don't think so."

Todoroki cast the villain, or should he say Vigelante now an annoyed look. Every since the jailbreak, Dabi had gone into hiding with Stain and an apparent army that he said they had. For the past six months, Todoroki had done nothing but train with his father, Midoriya, and Bakugou during workstudy.

"Izanami's in danger...Bring her home, Todoroki."

Shoto cast a glance toward the older male, wondering what his and Izanami's relationship was. Must be close enough for him to risk his freedom to rescue her...

"First you kiss me out of no where after I try to kill you and then you drop this on me?! Have you not met me? H-how could you even love someone like me?! I just tried to kill my self and here you are telling me you love me?! What am I supposed to even do with that?"

What if...

Shoto couldn't help the small inkling of insecurity blossoming in his chest at the wild thought. Remembering back on his confession, Shoto had realized that she had never said it back...and part of him worried that she didn't feel the same way about him.

"You never told me why you're coming all this way just to help me..." Shoto inquired, catching the males attention.

"What, do I need a reason to save my partner?" Dabi raised a brow.

"Last I checked, you don't exactly play well with others." Shoto had did his research, Dabi was anything but a team player. 

"And you wanna know what makes her so special?" Dabi finished with a light chuckle. "Well, I'm not a pedophile if that's what you think. Its just that we've been through a good deal together, and despite how annoying she is, she's my partner. She's always had my back, no matter how much she wants to stick her Katana in it. I'm just returning the favor."

Shoto narrowed his eyes as the older males explanation and couldn't help but avert his eyes in jealousy. Just how much have they been through together... Although Dabi seemed genuine, Shoto felt like there was still more that Dabi had left out. He's only known her for a few months yet is willing to work with his own enemy to save her...it just doesn't add up...

Breaking out Stain, Shoto understood but his obligation to Izanami was odd. Shoto jolted in shock as a hand ruffled his dual haired locks causing him to harshly slap away Dabi's hand.
"Touch me again and I'll reduce you to ashes."

"Uuu, flame threats? You sure we aren't related?" Dabi asked with a  mocking grin causing Shoto to give the man a glare.

"And what about you? A teenage school boy such as yourself risking yourself coming all this way for a girl? You're either stupid or in love or both."

"I love you, Izanami."

Shoto looked away in silence, causing Dabi to raise a brow in amusement. "Huh, now that's interesting."

"Urusei." Shoto grumbled

"Kami, you even talk like her. You two really are made for eachother." Dabi replied, before shifting his attention out the window of the helicopter to see a large island. "Well I hope she's worth it, because we're here."

Shoto's gaze shifted outside as the helicopter slowly lowered to the ground. Nezu had originally wanted to send someone more qualified to get Izanami but with the upcoming war, Shoto was the only one strong enough at his beckoning call to go get her. He could only hope she was ok and that they weren't to late.
"Nezu had said that she was in danger, do you think your old boss is sending someone after her?"