Hero you Deserve [15]

|Hours later|

"So what do you have for us?" I felt Asuna nudge me to step forward and although I was reluctant; I maintained the stoic expression on my face.

"They know about Eri, and what you've done to her. Your operation has been compromised, Overhaul-san."

"Did they say when they plan to strike?" He inquired, not the least bit bothered about what I said before.

I shook my head lightly, "No, right now they're just gathering information from certain groups. I should warn you, they plan to secure Eri the next time you come in contact them."

"Hmm, i see. Then we must be prepared then. Anyways, that aside, recently my daughter has been quite the trouble maker lately. All my other confidantes have failed at getting her to behave so I trust your presence will be able to make a difference with her." He exclaimed causing my eyes to narrow. Eri...

"Gomen, Overhaul-san but I'm not that good with kids." I murmured. It hasn't even been a month since I've became a spy for him and all of a sudden he wants me to babysit the main factor to his operation...

"On the contrary, I think you'd be the perfect person for the job. My dear Eri doesn't have any female figures in her life and maybe you're just the person she needs to get her in order."

I stayed silent, trying to piece together what game he was playing but nodded nonetheless. "What would you have me do."

"Give her something nice like candy? Whatever you do, just become someone...Eri feels like she can trust."

"...Hai." I nodded without question.

"Now that's that's settled, my man here will take you to meet her. Me and your mother here have some business to attend to." He stood, walking around his desk.

"Oh and Ronin-san, I genuinely hope you're able to do your task as I'd hate for you to meet the same fate as the others who failed." I froze at his underlying threat. He went to pat my shoulder, but another hand intervened. My mother's hand.

My eyes widened as she had a lethal expression on her face. "Do not forget who's child it is that you are talking to, Chisaki. She's done everything you've asked thus far yet you insult her skills as to think she can not fulfill a mere babysitting job."

An intense stare off happened between Asuna and the leader of the Hissaikai before he grunted and snatched his wrist out of my mother's hand. "Very well. Let's go then, we have a meeting to attend to soon." He stated and my mother threw me a reassuring glance over her shoulder.

"Alright kid, let's go." One of Overhauls henchman ushered, shoving his hands in his pants.

Eri is here...
"I thought Eri's location was anonymous. I didn't assume she'd be here..."

"Well because of those blasted heroes, Eri is now kept on strict supervision and goes wherever Overhaul is."

"I see." I commented and listened to the man curse himself for getting put on babysitting duty also.

"Become someone she can trust? I don't know what the hell even makes kids tick. Maybe she's into that pretty whatchamacallit thing..."

"Gomen, but from what I know about Overhaul-sans daughter. She doesn't seem like the type to like 'pretty' things."

"Oh really, you think you get to her? Tell me what does a girl like Eri want?"
The man snorted doubtfully.

Someone who's been put through so much pain for that long only values one thing...