Welcome to the Darkside [27]

||

"This just in: Izanami Shi, one of U.A's most popular first year students you may recognize from the sports festival has apparently gone rogue. Izanami had apparently betrayed her fellow comrades and aided in the escape of the infamous Yakuza gang leader Chisaki. It is unknown at the moment as to how long Miss Shi has been aligned with the organization. It seems that the beloved Samurai not only betrayed her school, family and friends but also her right to even be called a hero. Dragon hero Ryukyu was heavily injured once reinforcements made it to the scene and is currently in the ER now. It is also unknown as to what the state of her condition is but intel says be prepared for the worst. Reports also show that the villain prison Tartarus has just had a newly inmate escape. Let's switch over to Hiro-San."

"Afternoon, Jin! I'm standing here now in front of Tartarus which is prison located far away from civilization, where extremely dangerous villains are locked away and interrogated under the highest security standards possible! Villains such as the hero killer and the supervillain All for One were sent here. Now, you'd think that it would be one of them to have escape but it's actually Izanami Shi, former rising hero Samurai or I guess we should now refer to her as Ronin. Ronin has somehow escaped and destroyed the entire west wing on the prison leaving the prison in disarray. Heroes, militia and security and construction are working over time to get things back in line and enforce the esteemed 'unbreakable' prison. Over 10 casualties have been reported, 7 having been  rushed to the ER and 3 deaths. This leaves into question our protectors and hero society. If someone so promising and young can be easily influenced and corrupted by evil then who's to say about any of the rising heroes. With the symbol of peace gone, villains have been on the rise and will not stop. First the hero killer and now the loss of one of U.A's top rated and strongest first years. This truly might be the mark of a devastating era."

The television shut off abruptly followed by a loud singular clap of applause. I turned my head slightly to gaze emotionlessly at the shaggy haired male.

"Your little stunt has given me enough distraction to continue building my army and for us to grow. This is exactly the kind of publicity we need, once those petty heroes find out who your allegiance really belongs to, society will crumble even more. Your notoriety and transition has opened a gateway for social evolution."

"I only did what needed to be done." I responded humbly.

"Oh please." Toga pouted, rolling her eyes. Such a show off, anyone can break out of Tartarus. Plus she had help from Asuna and Kurogiri; hardly a solo jailbreak if you ask me.

I merely glanced at the blonde not paying her any mind. I didn't expect any of my "new" comrades to be trusting let alone like me considering I was now a notorious traitor.

"Stain was just a foot in the doorway, but your betrayal has kicked that door wide open.You did more, Izanami. You've given those in the shadows hope. You underestimate your popularity and influence in hero society." Asuna stated calmly, taking a sip of her alcoholic beverage at the bar where Kurogiri was behind.

"Yeah yeah, social media is like booming right now! Almost every news outlet is talking about you going Dark side and the Yakuza invasion!" Twice barked, waving a phone in front of me in excitement. I quirked a brow as Toga yanked the male back, and offered me an annoyed expression. "I don't know Tomura, are you sure we can trust her?"

"I think she's proven herself more than enough, don't you think Asuna?"

"More than enough." Asuna sighed, throwing a weary glance over her shoulder at her unnaturally stoic daughter. A lot had gone down in the span of a few hours and she wasn't sure how Izanami was even still holding up after everything she had done. Any mere child would've crumbled after having to do what a Izanami was forced to do but she held strong, even in the face of evil. Asuna truly did pity her child but this was for the best. With Izanami on her side now, she'll no longer be forced to endure hero societies false faith. Izanami will have the chance to be and do whatever she pleased without critic because the villains around her were just as worse, if not some more than others. Izanami would finally have a place to call home and Asuna took pride knowing she'd be the one behind that. Asuna just hoped she'd be able to get the stubborn teenager to see it when the time came. Izanami will come to thank her someday for all that her beloved mother has done. However, it's a shame that her daughters path to happiness and redemption was at the potential cost of her former friends life.