Seppuku [49]

Warning: chapter has mature themes and is very dark and may be triggering to some readers. Reader discretion advised.

|Civil War Arc|

The word PRINCIPAL' bold on the wood, unease grew in my already heavy heart. Raising my fist, I knocked lightly on the door and stiffened hearing a familiar 'come in.' Taking a deep breath, I opened the door seeing the last two people I had dreaded seeing this entire day.

Shoto and Nezu.

Shoto's face was still as unbothered as I last remembered it but his eyes told an entire different story. A story that was written in complete gibberish that I would never come to understand. Nezu however, his face wasn't the usual, no...it was hard and stern and he was nw sporting a few stress lines on either side of his eyes, most likely because of me. I shifted awkwardly in my spot, looking from him to Shoto. wondering what they were talking about.

"Long time no see, Specs..."

Nezu stayed quiet, his beast eyes staring into mine before glancing at Shoto. "Gomen, Todoroki...we will have to cut our conversation short. Thank you for your time."

"Hai, Principle-san." Todoroki tilted his head in respect slightly before turning. His heterochromatic orbs clashed with my crimson for a split second before he averted his eyes to the door past me and brushed past me. My heart pulsed in my chest at his lack of acknowledgement. I guess he hates me like the others too...

"Do what you have to do Izanami, I'll wait..."

I thought you understood...

I thought you said you'd wait...

The longer I held in my emotions, the harder it became to maintain the stoic mask I was currently wearing. Being in Nezu's presence was no better. I had hurt him the most out of everyone else at U.A after all.

I tensed as the mammal slipped out of his chair and walked around his desk to his large window, paws clasped behind his back.

"What was it." He inquired.

"What was what?" I murmured.

"During your interview, you said you took the mission because it was the right thing to do but I know you better than that." He started, not sparing me a glance. "Being apart of the Administration myself, I know that when it comes to missions of that caliber, there's always a reward. What I want to know is..." He turned his head to look at me, "How good was the offer to make you go that far, Izanami."

I averted my eyes silently, not even surprised he had figured out there was more to my mission than what I had told. However, I didn't answer...

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me." He sighed, shifting his head back to look out the window calmly. "But just ask yourself, if you truly believed that the mission was the right thing to do...would you still have done it all over again if you had no personal gain from it, no reward."

"That's not fair." I hissed. My face had become rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding.

"Why, because you had no choice?" He countered causing my anger to boil more.
"You had a choice Izanami. You wanna know why, because it's the simple fact of the matter that you didn't do that mission for the sake of others. You did it for yourself."