Chapter 94

Third Person

"X-Xyn."

Daruuz looked troubled as he saw Lex. He lowered his gun and swallowed the lump forming on his throat.

"What's going on here?"

Despite the weather and their situation. She stood firmly even the yacht is wobbling. Her bangs sticking on her forehead. Her clothes and hair are dripping wet.

"We're stopping him for kidnapping you."

"I did not kidnap her! She came with me willingly!" Daruuz snapped. His gaze darted to Lex who's now looking at their situation. In that moment, her eyes narrowed at his right hand. Then stared at his face.

"What's with the gun Daruuz?"

He looked down and glared at his shoes. His becoming frustrated that his plans was busted. He plans on leaving with Lex. But it turns out, it will be hard for him. His father was right. Don't ever associate yourself with a Castillejo. The clan will do everything just to protect the heiress. And too bad he fall for one.

His jaw clenches as he think. What will he do in this situation?

"I..... I need to..."

The words gets stuck to his throat. His memories with Lex flows  through his mind. The way they hang out and laugh with each other. The competition who boosted their relationship. The moments they run away from everything. The way she smiles at him flashes from his vision. His head beginning to ache.

Run away.

With Xyn.

Kill everyone who come across your path.

Silence them before they say anything.

Take her away.

Cris begins to feel agitated. He looked at Daruuz who looks like having a mental conflict through his head. He sweats even though its raining hard. A sudden force of wind made Cris to hold tighter on the railing as the yacht wobbles. He click his tounge in annoyance. He gently put his right hand on his abdomenal area where he could feel a bulge. An outline of a gun.

Of course he carries one. But it will be too risky to pull it out.

He only needs to be alert. Or everything will get into danger. He needs to prevent any of that. The Mistress and the Heiress of Castillejo is here. On his care. He will do everything just to make them safe, even his life depends on it.

His body alerted when he saw Daruuz fingers flinch unto the trigger.

"I need to silence them my beloved Xyn. We need to run away from them. They... they will take you away from me."

Just then, he point his gun through Lex's mother. But before he could pull the trigger, Cris pulled out his gun and they shoot at the same time.

BANG!

BANG!

"Aaaaaagh!!!"

"Lex!"

Cris immediately went to Lex who push her mother. He kneeled besides them and examines if any of them got shot. To his relief, no one. He looked back at Daruuz who's now clutching his bleeding hand. Glaring at him furiously.