CHAPTER 24: CROWN OF ORION

Royal Castle| Osias
Capital city of Orion

"My Liege! My Liege!" A man shouts from behind two giant doors decorated with silver followed by repeated knocking

"Who is it?" A deep and lazy voice replies from the other side of the doors.

"It is I my king... may I enter?"

"Miles?" The king groans in response to Miles's request and with that, one of the twin doors swings open and Miles, a tall, lean blonde man who looks to be around his late thirties, enters the king's chambers with some speed to his step.

"My king, I apologize for disturbing you so early in the morning, but this could not wait. Something has happened to the kingdom and its people." Miles says taking a knee and giving a slight bow.

"Well good morning to you too, Miles." the king says looking at his advisor with his sleep charmed eyes. "I suppose this something you speak of has something to do with this black scroll before me?" The king asks.

"Yes sire and people are in panic down in the capital streets, they believe it go be a curse has been placed upon the kingdom and because of that, the noble families are requesting an audience with you in the throne room to discuss this matter." Miles says now standing next to the king's bed.

The king lets out a low hum as he looks at his status, but from Miles's point of view it just looks like he is ogling at the giant doors.

"Do not worry yourself Miles, I will address the noble families... later. Right now, I think the people of Orion need to have their hearts put at ease." the king says getting up from his bed and making his way to his dressing room.

"My king, what do you mean late-?" A moan sounds off from behind Miles causing him to end his role as the king's tail and turn around.

"What is with all the ruckus? Can't a lady get her beauty sleep in peace?"

"My love." the king peeks his head out from the dressing room. "Did we wake you?" he asks making his way back to his bed while adjusting his pants.

"Queen Zera, apologies. I did not mean to wake you so early after such a long night." Miles takes a knee and bows his head again.

"No, it is quite alright, I have to wake up at some point, right?" the queen rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"-"

"So, what were you boys talking about-?" She stops mid-question when she sees the black scroll of fate floating in front of her. "What is this?" Queen Zera pushes back on the bed and out of her silk sheets, exposing her long, beautiful and suave legs.

"My queen, please, calm down. We were discussing that very scroll, no one knows what it is yet or where it came from, but the folk down below believe it might be a curse from the gods."