CHAPTER 22: OLD FRIEND

We should really talk about this control thing Los.

I agree. I completely agree that I should be in control at all times.

As if you can even last a day, right now you only have two hours before you fall asleep and leave me here alone. Preserve your energy for more lively confrontations okay.

King Siphious morphed and now I am riding on his head the same way I did on Hydris', in a few minutes we reach the Oistian border and we are stopped by a giant Krab.

"State your business here Siphious, king of the sea serpents." The giant Krab stands his ground with his claws pointed at us.

"I am but an escort today Heimdall, an escort to the dragon empress Losias. We seek an audience with Oistus."

I gave Siphious a quick rundown on our way here: Los vanished, but before he did he had a child with an Arsanian woman. He raised the point that, "Los has been missing for years, longer than you've (obviously) been alive, so how is it possible that you are his daughter?"

I asked him, "Arphi etra manin afe'ir inga balani?" which directly translates from the tongue Los has been doing a great job at teaching me to 'can a man's thirst to reproduce be quenched?' proving that I am probably much older than he thought I was, probably a hundred or so years old since I used a lost tongue only a few know and to drive my point home I pointed out that King Siphious has two wives which got him to stop with the questions.

Now we're in front of a giant blood shelled Krab who won't let us pass.

Did he just say we? As in him and I are REQUESTING an audience with Urkinos?

Yes, yes he did.

Ha, please. "I request nothing!" Los says going an extra step to back up his statement with a little malice which sends a chill down Heimdall's spine who by the way is a Rank A, Level 6 warrior class.

"Let us pass Heimdall... least you spite the all-queen and bring forth the wrath of the sea on yourself." King Siphious speaks up in a cold soak.

"I will do no such thing, this is just one of the serpent's schemes. You are a deceitful lot I will give you that, but you cannot deceive the eyes of Heimdall the great Krab. You and your make believe all-queen will not pass so I suggest you turn around and make your way back to your little cam-"

"Bow."

Heimdall is interrupted by Los and a very visible expression of fright masks his face and he takes to his knees or whatever it is actual crabs have.

Los, calm down. You don't have to use force everywhere we go on everyone we meet. Since we got down here you've been acting differently, you've been a tad bit aggressive. No wonder these people don't seem to miss you, they were all too busy being scared of you to-

"[Divine authority, punishment]."

Pressure - REGISTERED
Resistance - REGISTERED
Wailing - REGISTERED
Begging - REGISTERED
Collapse - REGISTERED

Talking to him is a waste of time. I only have an hour and a few minutes left and Heimdall is the same as talking to a wall, he is just as stubborn and as foolish as both the serpent and Krab kings.

Sigh. Fine, what should we do? Getting to the capital will take time.

Let me... "Siphious, morph back into your serpent form, we are going to the castle now."