CHAPTER 34: ORION'S CASTLE

"Nia, you should know better than to start fights that will only end in someone else's blood being shed and Mihika," He looks at her. "I cannot go to Orion with you because I am on a tight schedule right now, so instead of my going there, I'll give you and your party a way to get home faster and in return you'll talk to your king in my absence about Dercaris being absent from duty for the next few years. Sound fair?"

Mihika just looks at him.

"I am going to need an answer, yes or no? Either way I am not going to Orion so this is the best deal you have."

"Master, no. You can't use it on them, they're not-"

"Nia, you've already said enough, let me handle this." El shifts his attention between the two. "Okay, now the offer won't stand for long so you better make your choice now. Going once, going twice, going-"

"O-okay, okay, we'll... we'll take this faster way you speak of." Mihika says after struggling a bit.

El releases his hold on everyone. "Alright then, great." he stands up and dusts himself. "Sorry about that, Nia was about to do something that would've had your friend over there lose her life over a silly comment and my dear subordinate's pride and we wouldn't want that, now would we?" He smiles.

"I apologize for both her actions and mine, but now, we should get going so if you could gather your friends inside and your belongings, we can be on our way. My quest expires in an hour."

Somehow we manage to get ready in less than a few minutes, folded tents and all.

"Alright, we're all ready? Great, let's do this then. Where exactly do you want to go in Orion?" El asks as we walk down the mountain slope.

"Uhm, the king's palace, but," Mihika says, but she's cut off by a 'keep quiet' gesture, finger to lip style, from Nia.

"Okay, King Alexander Orier's castle, let's-"

"So you're an elf? My goddess, that explains why you're such a sight to marvel and your strength, Ion did wonders for-" Nel cuts El and goes on and on before El cuts her off ignoring her childish praises.

"Okay, let's get you guys on your way," He puts his hand on a tree trunk close to him. "[distant teleport] Orion's castle." And just like that a shimmering seven foot black oval appears on the trunk. "There's your way home, be sure to have fun on your expedition now." He gives a smile after backing up a little.

Mihika takes the lead after hesitating a bit like the rest of the party, but Nia pushes her in telling her to hurry up and everyone follows in after Mihika fearing Nia's push because apparently she can kill you just be glaring at you like she almost did to Eve earlier. Imagine what being pushed would do to you, plus there's probably something worse at the end of this black void so if anything we should all be at the other end watching each other's back.

Eve, Diana and I are the last ones and I go first because I'm the man, so protection? But when I try I am shocked by something, some sort of lightening surge goes through my body and Nia bursts out laughing. "You can't go you silly lizard. You're a Priam now remember." She taps her nose.

I hold back the urge to argue and cuss out the tiny forest spirit and just give in. I tell Eve and Diana to go on ahead.

"You're staying then?" Eve asks, I let out a sigh. "I guess I am." I say avoiding Diana's eyes.

"What, why are you staying?" Diana asks.

I tell her everything El and I talked about while everyone was getting ready and she starts tearing up. "Ha," I try and laugh at her ugly crying. "don't worry, I'll be back before you know it."

She cries some more and says she wants to come too, but I tell her no. "You're still a Black Dragon and you have a duty to uphold. When you're done with the expedition you can join me then." I tell her.

I don't want to be away from her.

When El took me aside and told me to tell her this as a way of protecting her from his dangerous life, I tried telling him she's as much of a capable fighter as I am, but he insisted that she stay and now here we are.

The crying and apologizing goes on for a good while until Nia cuts in reminding El of their or our quest deadline since I can also see the quest now so Diana and I's heart to heart is cut short.

I tell Eve to let Mihika know that I'll see her and the rest of the Dragons when I get back to Orion, whenever that is.

Eve gives a slight nod and walks into the now clear portal where I can see the palace corridors and everyone looking back at us with a couple of castle guards helping them walk away from the portal. Diana follows in behind her Eve, trying her best to put on a strong face.

Mihika puts three fingers over her heart and releases them outward - a gesture we use to ward off evil and sometimes signal goodbye.

"Alright then, shall we get going?" El says with a hand clap that causes the portal to change showing green moors and he walks through the portal followed by Nia and the newest and third member of the party.

I look back and see the messenger hawk flying around the cavern we had our camp set up and my heart sinks a bit looking at the Orion emblem on its breast. "I'll be back soon Diana, don't you worry."