CHAPTER 52: AFTERMATH

"Ann! Anna!" I wake up to Jasmine shaking me. "Miss, you are awake. Finally."

I sit up and still trying to adjust my eyes to the light I turn to her.

"Are you okay? What happened?" she asks.

"Well, Hydris and I got back a little while ago and I just finished preparing a meal for you. He is taking a bath now in a spring we found a cave not that far from here and I came back to get you."

"What do you mean you came back to get me, you were just here with-"My eyes finally adjust and I realize something. Everything is okay but... I am in a cave? Isn't this the same cave I went to sleep in earlier?

Was that all a dream? What happened to Axera? Where is Ezaire? And... was that an explosion....?

Ah, so you remember it too? I don't think that was a dream, dreams are one of the few things we do not share, so that was most definitely real.

Los. What happened? How are we back here?

I don't know... I... I don't think we ever-, AHHHH!

LOS, what's-?!

"AHHHHH!"

My brain feels like it wants to crack open my skull and...

"AHHHH!!"

"Anname! What's wrong?!" Jasmine catches me from my fall. "Anname!"
*

Wake up you log, it's already morning and we need to get ready to head for the... dungeon.

I slowly open my eyes and I am met by white sheets lazily waving in the water around me.

"Miss Ann, good morning. I have prepared a bath for you and your breakfast will be brought to your chambers after you are-"

"What time is it?" I ask, cutting off Yumei, my assigned caretaker.

"It's six in the morning my lady. You are supposed to journey to Rola'ac today." She says taking a bow. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah... but for some reason I have this weird feeling that... I don't know... it's not supposed to be today or something like that-"

You too? I have this feeling that there is a blank space in my head right now... I don't know what it is, but it feels like we've already been through this day.

Right? But maybe it's just nothing, Deva-vu, maybe.

I get up and do the same routine I have done for the last couple of days, after I'm done, I meet up with Hydris and his chosen escort; Jasmine, since they're newlyweds now.

Yeah, that happened way faster than I thought it would. They warmed up to each other and I was the match maker since I've been spending a lot of time with Jasmine.

The three of us head out with a royal send off, I long told them I needed no escort and they tried to put up a fight on that, but Hydris jumped in and spoke for me on my behalf saying; "Do you doubt the all-queen's abilities to take care of herself? Plus I am the only escort she needs at this point so do not insult our queen and respect her wishes."

It takes us a day to reach the lands of Mio'c and after a little bit of scouting we finally found the dungeon, but both Los and I agreed that something was off about us going in there. It is the same feeling we had when I woke up this morning, I am not sure what it is, same as Los, but we are not about to take any chances. I mean, even Lo... the dragon emperor, is a little skeptical about it so we decide not to head inside and put off going in and see about Mio'c.