CHAPTER 55: SIN'ER

With Los' speed, my apparently small body compared to his in dragon form with clear, dark, silent skies, it takes no less than half the night for the tower of Soifon; a monumental and famed building in the center of the capital city, to come into sight.

"Lady Losias!"

Again, Anname is just fine. I answer Cassie.

"Right. Uhm, I think we should land somewhere a little distant from the city's gates. A great dragon of such great size suddenly landing anywhere close to the city would probably bring about pandemonium with the people of Soifon!" She shouts at the top of her lungs.

You know you can just talk to me like you have been this whole time.

I-I did not think... yes, I'll be sure to do so in the future.

Alright then. With that, Los slows down and descends to the ground relinquishing control back to me. I will just drop off here.

"Alright, I think we can walk from here." I say to our group of five plus our six captives.

"From the looks of it, it should take us about an hour or so to reach the city gates on foot, so let's be on our way." Cassie says putting her world globe, a kind of magical tool that tells the location, time and weather of a place, away.

We walk and talk through the night without a care in the world until we reach the city gates where the city guards request to see our identification and Cassie takes care of it.

I guess she's well known in Soifon. I think as we walk past the guards who are all smiles now, after she greeted the guards and they saw a familiar face they were more than happy to welcome us.

Upon entering the city we decide to heard and book rooms at one of the inns in town with Cassie and Jasmine volunteering to head to the guild with the six rogue adventurers to hand them in after Cassie refused for the guards to take them saying she will see to it personally.
*
Okami| Inn

"Wow, I am tired. All that flying can really take it out of you."

What flying? You did nothing but talk all night.

Hush.

"We can go and eat downstairs if you like, I got a whiff of some good dishes on our way up here and I am sure they will gladly dish you their best meals with the both of you being royalty and all." Brok says standing by the door arms crossed.

"Getting food sounds like a very good idea."

"Hm, no. I think I'll pass. Plus I think I'm going to start making it a point not to shove my name down people's throats from now on. So, no food for me tonight. I can go a night without food... that way breakfast will taste even better. You can go on ahead though, I'll just turn in for the night." I say cuddling up to my pillow.

Say nothing and just sleep. I tell Los who was probably going to point out my shoving my name down people's throats since that's kind of what I have been doing since I left Enore.

Brok and Yuno don't put up a fight or anything and heard downstairs for dinner, leaving me to fall asleep in the comfort of this surprisingly well-maintained bed.
-

The next morning I wake up to the first sun peaking through the window of the somewhat spacious and surprisingly small, but accommodating two bedroomed room I slept in. To my left I turn and see Jasmine sleeping on the bed next to mine, Brok and Yuno are nowhere to be seen since they have a separate room from us and Cassie... I think she has her own place here so she probably slept there or she spent the whole night drinking as adventures are known to do after a good, long and successful quest.

I get up and wash my face in the small bathroom next door then head down downstairs and get breakfast. I probably overworked the cook having her cook so early in the morning, but if you're a cook then your job is to cook so... cook. I ate my fill and decided to take a well-deserved stroll around the city.

The city is famed for its fabrics and spices all over Oken, I can only take so much of all this travelling and meeting new people at a time, I need a breather. The prices are affordable, the food is tasty, the silks are to die for and the men, any of the gods can take me now and I wouldn't have any problems with it.

Beastfolk, elves, dragonkin, heck even demonkin are here and they are all breathtaking, I'm surprised I can even breathe, do I have some power that allows me to die and resurrect without knowing because that would explain why I am able to stand all these beautiful, not handsome, beautiful men.

Sigh.

I get to a jewelry store and buy a few souvenirs, I get a set of some of the most beautiful jade earrings and a few other pieces of jewelry for the girls back home.

They might like these. I think as I wait for my change from the store owner.

I stop by the guild and register myself as an adventurer which goes over smoothly with Los controlling the power I put into the orb that gages how strong I am. I had planned on registering since this was one of the best ways to get my name out there according to Glaucus.

He said,"News of an adventurer going around slaying monsters, saving people and giving to the less fortunate with land and a title of her own as queen will spread like wildfire..." so we're going down this road since the dungeon conquering is out of the question now.

After visiting THE FALLEN RAIDERS guild, I make my way back to the inn as the second sun takes to the sky and with a little search magic I find Yuno conversing with some of the locals.

I guess these fake ears, tails and fox features really help huh, I mean no one stopped to ask me any weird questions while I was out.

Hey, I think we should get going now, aren't you supposed to be there before the second sun sets?" I ask. She wraps up her conversation and we heard upstairs to get Jasmine who, surprise surprise, was still sleeping who I'm guessing turned in a little late?

We get everything we need, get ready and head to Grandscale, a large tower in the center of the city, to use the gate. On our way there we run into a still celebrating Cassie with her female "friends".

"Good luck you guys... drop by sometime for a drink of two." She says probably too buzzed to remember that we are going to the same place.

The gate is a magic circle drawn on the highest floor in the tower, it is very easy to use, all you need to do is put in a little magic, say where exactly it is you want to go while placing your hand on a tablet cradled on a stone podium.

Now group of eight, including Cassie's friends, is transported to a similar, but smaller room, no doubt the gate in Sin'er.