CHAPTER 48: DEAR MORTAL

Nia's POV

"Wake up, it's time to go."

I slowly open my eyes to see his gorgeous silver eyes looking down at me with his hand out for mine.

"Quit daydreaming, we need to get going." a second, very annoying, voice speaks up from behind him.

Can't you let me have my moment in peace? I let out a sigh.

I get up and dust myself off. "Alright then, what do you boys want for breakfast?" I ask avoiding eye contact with him.

He stares at me for a good while and just turns around without saying anything.

Is he mad at me?

"I-I'm sor-" He raises his hand and I keep quiet.

"First of all, what you did was reckless." He turns around and looks at me. "Not only did you put Dercaris' life in danger, you also failed at keep them from reaching the 100th floor, which is where they are now. Second, how is an apology going to fix this, if it hadn't been for me you would've been dead by now and don't even get me started on us having to wait until tomorrow for the floor to be prepped again because I know that dragon is going to clear this dungeon today.

Now please tell me, how are you going to make up for this because you clearly were only thinking about yourself and your own personal agenda to get back at the dragons. Sure, I get it... her kind scotched your lands killing hundreds of thousands, but putting this whole quest on hold for something that happened centuries ago is no excuse. Both of you could have died! For that, I'm sending you back to Nor and I don't want to see you until I get back."

"But-"

"No buts!" His eyes flair a bright red. He's really angry right now. "[distant teleport]: Nor. Go back to your tree and think about what you've done."

I just lower my head and walk through the portal tears running down my face. I look up from the other side and get a glimpse of Dercaris, why does he look pained about this? I'm almost, if not always hard on him.

The portal starts closing and I look at El, "I really am sorry."

"Sorry doesn't bring the dead back to life Nia." He says with a sad tone. "I'll come back and get you once we're done here, so wait for us and be good, okay." he gives a small smile.

"Okay." I smile back and the last thing I see is his breathtaking pearly whites when he gives me a full blown smile before the portal closes.
-

El Asil's POV

Seriously... Sigh ...That girl will be the death of me.

Dead silence.

I slap my cheeks. "Alright then, let's get going before they open the last gate."

"Are you sure that was the best way to go about it?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, a slap to the face always brings back focus." I answer Dercaris.

"That is not what I am asking. I am talking about the way you handled the situation with Nia, do thing it was the best way to deal with it?"

"Oh, I don't know... I can't say, but she'll be alright."

"Well, if you think so. Alright then, let me get my gear then we can head out."

We leave the small cave we had setup camp in and head back up to the 100th floor.

That girl was pretty strong and that last attack she used, if it wasn't for the portal I created last minute I would've been badly hurt right now.