▪️37

"What?" Haewon breathed out, mouth agape and slightly disoriented

"I'm sorry!" He exclaimed, before she could speak.
"I've been the absolute worst Soulmate anyone could ever have and I really don't deserve to have someone as sweet as you and I'm sorry for being such a dick, i have really been trying.
You're so nice, sweet and basically perfect and I'm the opposite and you deserve someone better than me.
It's hard for me to talk about it and I want to be able to give you my all and-"

"Baby, it's okay." She said softly, making his eyes widen.

Haewon smiled warmly at him, the same warm and inviting smile she always had on. It made him feel...well warm inside.
Haewon scooted over, patting the space next to him and he eyed it for a second before giving in and clambering over, sliding in next to her.

The covers pulled up to his chest, his head leaned against the headboard as he gathered his thoughts, calmer.

"I never got along with my parents when I was younger..." He began, his chest tightening at the fact he was going to tell her something he told no one.

Haewon turned her head towards him and sensed the immense sadness from him, turning on her side so she could see him to give her full attention.

"They'd always shout and shout till I was crying so much that I'd be throwing up. I was only young and I still loved them, but I didn't know why they didn't love me back."

Haewon gently grabbed his hand, slipping her fingers through his to give him some comfort but she didn't interrupt him.

"I would always be angry, I didn't know why I was angry. I felt hurt, betrayed that my parents didn't loved me like the other parents did.
I'd see my friends hugging their parents...I've never hugged my Mum before. They never told me they loved me, instead they told me to kill myself."

Haewon gasped in horror and inched closer to him, her bottom lip sticking out in sadness as she wrapped her arm around his torso.

"The funny thing is, they said it everyday. Every single day and I still wanted them but they never loved me. I need them but they didn't need me. I've never gotten that first hand parental love, I've never felt love before and I don't know how to deal with it."

Haewon placed her head on his chest, feeling his chest rise and fall and the beating of his erratic heart.

"I guess when I met you I got scared that you'd do the same..." He trailed off, sniffling slightly, which made Haewon lift her head up and look at his tearful eyes.

"You know," she began softly, dragging her thumb across his cheekbone and his eyes fluttered shut, a tear falling as he did so.
"You're perfect too Jisung, they were wrong for treating you like that and I wish I could take the pain from you and give you all the love in the world." She whispered.

"They didn't deserve to feel your love, or even see the amazing person you are today.
Your parents- they aren't the people you need, the people you need are the ones who see you, notice you, love and care for you. Despite what they did...you have such a warm heart, even if you don't show it." She muttered, feeling his hand on her back.

"You're important to me Jisung, I notice you, I care about you,"

She looked up at him and smiled with adoration in her eyes.

"I love you."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Okay bye