▪️60

Haewon's lungs screamed out for air as she ran, the wind scraping past her face as she ran as fast as she could

Her chest tightened and heart raced expeditiously, breaths laboured.
She couldn't think straight as she ran, her head hazy, the metallic taste on the tip of her tongue and the red string began to tighten.

The pulse throbbed in her ear, the ringing flowing in anxiety and she began to cry.
Whimpering as she ran, ran till she couldn't breathe.

Rain droplets began to drizzle down, but she didn't care. Haewon choked on her sobs, legs aching and heart breaking.

The red string tightened painfully as unknown to her, the boy began to run as well.
His body shook in pain as he ran, adrenaline setting him off as he felt the incisions on his torso.

The words NCT burned into his skin and he let out a groan of pain, pushing himself further.

The rain fell harsher, faster- mirroring the raging hearts of the two Soulmates as they ran towards each other.

Her hair was drenched, dripping in water- the thin material of her clothes clinging to her skin, but she didn't care.

His dark hair matte to his forehead, ears burning as his piercings began to return, gritting his teeth out in pain.

But the pain didn't matter, because as his eyes fell on his Soulmate- nothing could equate to the spread of warmth, want and need for her bloomed in his chest.

Haewon nearly cried out in relief when her eyes fell on Jisung and the tears mixed in with the rain, hiccuping on her sobs as they got closer.

Without even registering, Haewon flung her arms around his neck, legs locking around his torso.
He instantly wrapped his arms around her waist as they met, breaking down into a sob as his tears fell onto her neck.

The girl pulled away slightly, cupping his cheeks in his hand as she stared down into his eyes, the rain falling harsher onto the two.

Their tears couldn't stop cascading as they unintentionally spoke at the same time.

"I remember."