▪️39

"It's probably weird that we're getting to know each other properly after knowing each other for months

"It's probably weird that we're getting to know each other properly after knowing each other for months." Jisung said as they walked alongside each other on the way to school.

Haewon shook her head and pulled her jacket closer to her body.
"It's not like we have to rush, we're stuck together for the rest of our lives."

"How come you were in China?"
Haewon looked up at the boy and bit the inside of her cheek, mulling over the traumatic past.
"Well I used to get bullied..." Her voice was quieter than usual, eyes downcasted at the ground.

"A lot actually...I got uh diagnosed with um Anxiety and I got like uh-"
"You don't have to tell me." Jisung said softly, feeling the sensation of panic wash over her.

Haewon gulped and shook her head.
The feeling of hot flushes of panic fell over her as she reminisced.
"Can I hold your hand?" She asked, feeling slightly light-headed and he nodded, holding out his hand to which she gratefully took and stepped closer to his side.

"So, I got pretty down and I wasn't really in a good headspace so my parents allowed me to go China with wayv and get away from everything."

"Why did people..."
"Because i was a pushover, everyone knew I wouldn't argue back or anything. It was horrible Ji, I really don't understand how people can be that mean."
"I don't understand why anyone would make fun of you though-"
"Because I'm adopted."

"Really?" He asked in surprise and Haewon nodded, sighing. "Your parents are such good people."
"They are, and I'm eternally grateful for them." Haewon smiled and Jisung couldn't help but smile along with her.

"Sometimes I think I'm too nice, like I know I can be rude from time to time but...I don't know."
"You're a nice person, I know people would envy you, I do."

"You do?" She said, shocked and he nodded.
"You're always smiling and polite but very down to earth." He said pondering over it and Haewon smiled.

Haewon leant her head against his shoulder as they stopped at the crossing, her other arm gripping the fabric of his coat's sleeve.
Jisung looked down at her and she sheepishly averted her eyes with a blush on her face, leaning her head away.

"Sorry, I'm pretty clingy." Haewon muttered embarrassed and tapped her feet on the floor, waiting to cross the road.
"It's okay." He said with a slight chuckle as he watched her, her big, innocent eyes  drifting over the streets, taking in the beauty of life.

Her hand was covered by the sweater paws and she always looks cuddly.
"It's probably annoying."
"You put yourself down a lot." Jisung mentioned, hearing her inner thoughts.

He hadn't mentioned it before but ever so often, when they were physically close enough, her thoughts were reflected in his mind- a lot of them self deprecating.

Haewon shrugged and bit her lip anxiously.
"Perks of having anxiety." She quipped wryly.
"Is it bad?"
"Depends on the situation."

"I have anger problems, I think you already know that though." Jisung said, sighing. "It's hard to control, is that what anxiety is like?"

Haewon swung their intertwined hands gently and hummed a yes.
"But at least we have each other to rely on."