Chapter 57: Nothing To See

Song Quote: Prey
"As long as you notice I'm hoping that you'll keep your heart open. I'll keep mine open too. If you don't ask, I won't tell Just know that, just know that It all hurts, it all hurts just the same. Something is wrong, I can't explain Everything changed when the birds came You'll never know what they might do if they catch you too early. We need to fly ourselves before someone else tells us how. Something is off, I feel like prey, I feel like praying."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
"The ninja are putting together an alliance to overthrow you" (Y/n) stated in a neutral tone. "They've got almost all of the fighters on board except Tox and Shade."

Chen rubbed his chin as he pondered to himself. "This will not do..."

"Good thing those two are our next match up after your fight with Paleman" He hummed, pleased with how everything will fall into place.

"Shade would be a valuable asset to get past my security. Make sure he's the one eliminated" He ordered with a sweet please and thank you.

"And of course, make sure you eliminate the Master of Light in your match." Master Chen reminded (Y/n) adding "With those two gone, it'll be much harder for the ninja to sneak around."

"I still can't believe they're ninja when they lack the stealth." He laughed at his own joke, only earning a low gruff sigh from the masked girl.

"It will all be done" She spoke up, bringing their meeting towards an end. It was late and she needed to sneak back to the Chow house before anyone wakes up.

"Good girl. Here, a spell. You do want to dabble in magic right? It may help you complete your tasks." With those words, a Kabuki walked over and handed (Y/n) a piece of paper.

She read over the words and instructions before pocketing the spell. (Y/n) nodded before turning to leave the hall.

Right before she could leave earshot, Chen's voice cut through the silence and made her freeze in place.

"Oh and (Y/n): Don't show the Master of Light any mercy. Make it interesting."

With those words, (Y/n) wordlessly disappeared into the night.

~~~

Your Pov:
Shoes scraped against the pavement as you trudged back to the Chow House. It took every fiber of your being not to dwell on your situation. It would only dampen and lower your spirits even more.

The only justification that's gonna keep you moving forward are your friends. Cole, Zane and Echo's lives are on the line.

One misstep and Chen could easily turn the nindroids into scrap metal. And who knows what he'd do to the earth ninja if you stepped out of line.

Your mind didn't want to even think of it. That's why you'll do everything in your power to protect your friends.

You made that promise to yourself after Zane was destroyed.

You never want to experience that sort of pain again.

A small tap on your shoulder caught your attention. You jumped back with your fists raised.

"Hey- hey, it's okay" Skylor sputtered as she made herself visible..

You stared in thought. "How many powers do you have at your disposal Skylor?" You wondered as you slowly lowered your fists.

"What do you want?" You hissed in a low flat tone. Standing there only made you realize how much you wanted to rest. That impromptu match between Lloyd and Chamille drained you.