2. Shopping

Allison's P.O.V

I woke up with chills down my spine, I looked at the clock it was 4 : 30 in the morning. I must of left the window open, and it was surprisingly chilly. I got up and used the bathroom, then went to the kitchen to get some water. Then went back to bed. I had a weird feeling, but I couldn't tell if it was good or bad. I laid there for a while trying to fall asleep. Probably about thirty minutes passed before I fell asleep. Once I finally did fall asleep, I didn't wake up the rest of the night.
The morning finally arrived. I was woken up by the sun shining in my window. I was the first one up, so I decided to make breakfast. I didnt know how to make a lot of food, but I knew how to make eggs and bacon. The eggs took about three minutes to make, and the bacon took about five. I went into Lyla's room with her portion of the food. She was peacefully lying in bed. I sat at the end of her bed and lightly shook her till she woke up.

" What? " she questioned still tired and half asleep.

" I made you breakfast. " I told her, as I watched her perk up.

" Thanks Ali. " she said while engulfing me in a hug.

I grabbed my mom's food and went into her bedroom. I stood next to her for a moment, before waking her.

" Hey momma, I made you breakfast. " I whispered to her.

" Morning Ali, what a pleasant surprise. Thanks. " she said while sitting up in her bed to eat.

I went to go get ready for the day, it was already 11 : 00. I ate my breakfast, took a shower, and got dressed.
I wore a pastel pink and yellow striped shirt, and light blue Jean's with holes in the knees, with my white converse. I put my hair into a ponytail, and curled it with my fingers as much as I could. I decided I would go to the store, and buy some more food and stuff for the house.

" Bye momma, I'll be back soon!! " I yelled as I walked out of the house. I started walking to the store. I didn't have a whole lot of money to spend. Probably only like fifteen dollars, but I was good with my money. I could usually find high quality items for reasonable prices.
It was a beutiful day. It wasn't too hot, and there was a breeze. I didn't have a car so I went everywhere on foot, which I didnt mind. Since it was usually beutiful and the perfect weather to walk.
I arrived at a little store, that mainly sold food. It wasn't a big store, but it had everything someone would need.
I bought some bread, water, vegetables, and some other things. By then it was about 12 : 30.
I decided I would grab some icecream from the icecream shop next door. I entered the icecream shop and went up to the counter. The woman at the counter had red hair, with dark chocolate eyes, and freckles. She looked about seventeen or eighteen.

" Hi, what can I get you? " she asked.

" Um I'll take a double scoop strawberry icecream cone please. " I replied.

" Sure thing, that'll be $3.50. " she said as she went to make my icecream. I put the money on the counter, and told the girl thanks then left. It was 1 : 00. I had $5.00 left to spend and time to kill. I decided to see if I could afford some new cloths for tonight.
I went to the cheapest clothing store I could. I bought a white cropped shirt, a new pair of ripped blue Jean's, and a purple flannel. That took me about a hour.
Around 2 : 00 I decided to head home. On the way home, I decided to stop at the DX. I went inside and saw Sodapop at the counter.

" Hey Ali, what brings you by here? " he asked.

" Hey Soda, I was just heading home and decided to drop in. See what y'all were up to, if that's okay. " I told him.

" Yeah, how's it been? " he asked while coming over to me.

" Its been good, how about you? " I replied.

" I've been good, I heard you, Pony, Johnny, and Dally were goin' to the drive in tonight. " He stated.

" Yeah, I'm real excited. " I told him as a smile spread across my face.

" That'll be fun, make sure y'all stay safe. And keep the boys out of trouble for me will ya. " he said with a smile.

" Sure thing Soda, talk to you later. " I yelled back to him, while I opened the door. I decided to head home for real this time.
I didn't make it home till about 2 : 45. I didn't know what to do till 7 : 30, so I decided to watch TV with Lyla and my mom for a little while.
We sat on the couch and watched TV till about 5 : 00, then we ate dinner. Which was cheeseburgers with french fries. After I was finished eating, I helped my mom with the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen. It was finally 6 : 00, I only had about a hour and a half to wait. I was so excited to see my friends. When I was in school, I didn't have a lot of free time to spend with friends, so summer was even better the more time I got to spend with friends. I remembered a book I got last year around Christmas that I always wanted to read. I thought that would be the perfect thing to waist time. So I searched the house to find the book, which didn't take long. Once I found the book, I sat down on my bed and started to read. I was always a pretty fast reader, but this book would still take me a while. It had about five hundred pages.