27. Bad News Follows

Allison's P.O.V

It was about midnight, and I hadn't even noticed, Darry, Pony, and Soda had all already gone to bed. However, I didn't notice that Dally was still there in the same spot, watching the TV.

" Hey Dally, aren't you gonna go to Buck's or somethin? " I asked trying not to sound rude.

" Buck was having a big party tonight, and I didnt feel like dealing with that. So I asked Darry if I could stay here and he said sure, so here I am. " he said not even bothering to look away from the TV.

" Well okay, where you gonna sleep? " I asked.

" I was planning on just sleepin in one of the chairs. " Dally said finally looking at me.

" You can have the couch if you want. " I said looking at him, he looked pretty tired.

" Nah man, I dont want to take your spot. " he said returning his eyes to the TV.

" Its okay, I really dont mind. I'm smaller then you, it would be more comfy for you here. Besides since I'm smaller, the chair would be easier for me to sleep in. " I said smiling at him.

" Are you sure man? " He asked looking at me.

" Positive. " I said.

" Okay, thanks man. " Dally said with a small grin.

" No problem. " I said going back to reading. I continued to read till Dally decided to go to bed, so I got ready for bed too. It was about 1 : 00 a.m. When I walked back into the living room, Dally had already fallen asleep.
I turned out all the lights, and climbed into the chair. It was really cold, and I didnt have a very warm blanket. I was shivering, but I just tried to ignore it. It felt like forever, before I finally fell asleep.
I woke up to the sound of rain, and from the looks of it I was the only one who was awake. I sat up, and stretched. I got up and wrapped the blanket around me, then walked over to the front door. I made sure to be quiet as I opened the door, and stepped out.
I looked at all the rain drops, and all of sudden it came rushing back. The dream I had last night, it was another one about my mom, Lyla, and I. I couldn't remember the details, but I knew we were all there.
I really wanted to go visit Lyla, but I had no way of getting there. Then I heard a rustling of the front doorknob. The door opened, and Dally walked out.

" Well mornin sunshine. " Dally said with a smile and a small laugh.

" Mornin sleeping beauty. " I said back.

" What are ya doin out here? " he asked walking over to me.

" Nothin, just lookin at the rain. " I said staring back at the sky.

" That's a little weird. " Dally said leaning up against the wall, and lighting a cigarette.

" No it ain't. I was just watchin the rain, that ain't weird. I was planning on visiting Lyla today, but due to rain I don't think I'll be able to get there. " I said.

" I can take you, I got Buck's T-bird. " he said.

" Nah, I dont want to put you through that trouble. " I said playing with my fingers.

" It ain't no trouble, c'mon man. I dont mind. " Dally said putting out his cigarette.

" Okay, if you say so. Thanks. " I said smiling and walking inside. I went over to my bag and pulled out some clothes. I went to the bathroom to change. I put on a dark blue shirt, Jean's, and black converse. I just brushed my hair out, I didnt feel like doing anything with it. I walked back out into the living room, Dally was waiting there.

" Shouldnt we leave a note or somethin? " I asked.

" If you want to. " Dally said.

" Okay, gimmie just a second. " I said walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a peice of paper and a pencil. I started to write my note. I wrote Dally and I decided to visit Lyla. If you need anything, just call the hospital phone and they'll give it to us. Be back soon. I put my letter on the table, and returned to Dally.

" Okay, let's go. " I said. We walked outside and to the car. Dally got the door for me, then walked over to driver seat. We had to put the roof on the car, because of the rain. We started to drive to the hospital.

" Y'know kid, I have somethin that I need to tell everyone, but I'm gonna tell you first. " Dally said looking serious.

" Alright, go ahead. " I said hesitantly.

" The Socs, the one's that I was in a tussle with last night. " Dally started.

" Yeah, what about them? " I said confused.

" They said they wanted me to tell as many greaser guys as possible to meet them at the park, they want to have a sorta rumble thing. They said if no one showed up, they would find, and kill me. " Dally said holding on to his stern and serious expression.

" What? " I said shocked.

" Yeah man. " he said.

" They wouldnt actually do that would they? " I said still surprised.

" They looked pretty serious, so I would assume so. I ain't worried though. " Dally exclaimed.

" They can't do that. That rumble has to happen, you can't die Dally. We need you, think about how Johnny would feel, think about how all of the gang would be left without you. " I prompted quickly.

" Calm down kid. I get it, but I ain't gonna get killed man. Especially not by some Socs." Dally said.

" But Dally. " I started, but he cut me off.

" No buts, I'll handle it. Besides were here. " Dally said pointing out my window. I looked up, and out the window. We were already at the hospital. We got out of the car and started to walk to the door. I grabbed the door, and held it open for Dally.