7. Friends And Family

Allison's P.O.V

The mustang wasn't stopping it continued to trail us for about another block. Then finally when we went to cross the street, the mustang stopped. Three obviously drunk Socs hopped out of the car. They were looking for trouble.

" Hey greasers. " one of the Socs said as he got out of the car.

" What do you want? " I said in the most intimidating voice I could.

" Well wouldn't you like to know girly. " one of the other Socs called back.

" Yeah I would. This is our territory, what are you doin here? " I snapped back at them.

" We were just driving through and decided to stop and see what two greasers were doin walking in the dark at 12 : 30 in the morning. " the first Soc said in a mocking tone.

" Well now you know, you can leave now. Thanks for the concern. " I said then turned to walk away, but the third Soc grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

" Hey get your hands off me!! " I yelled.

" Hey man, let her go!! " Johnny yelled.

" Why should I greaser? " the Soc said.

" Listen here I got a blade, and I ain't afraid to use it. " Johnny said reaching for his pocket.

" Yeah well, so do we. " The second Soc said pulling out a switchblade. I saw that Johnny was scared, and I couldn't let my friend fight on his own.
Since there was only one Soc holding me back, he had to hold both my hands behind my back. Which meant he was behind me, so I kicked him right in the shin. He stumbled backwards due to the kick catching him off guard.
I ran over to Johnny's side. The other two Socs started to come towards us. I wasn't sure what to do. The Soc without the blade grabbed my arm, tight. Johnny cut the Soc that had me right across the face, forcing him to let me go. After Johnny cut the one Soc, I guess they decided we weren't worth their time. So they got back in their mustang and drove off.

" You okay Ali? " Johnny asked after cleaning his switch, and putting it back in his pocket.

" Yeah, I'm fine. You? " I said still in a slight bit of shock.

" Well, could be better. " he said jokingly and smiling.

" Yeah, definitely could be better. " I said returning his smile.

" Well I guess you better be gettin home. " he said.

" Yeah. " I said. We started to walk back towards my house. It had gotten a lot colder, but I didn't mind too much. I didn't get home till about 1 : 30.

" Well thanks Johnny. " I said looking at him from my porch.

" No problem. " He said looking up at me. He was just about to leave, when it dawned on me that he had to sleep out in the cold.

" Hey Johnny, wait there for a second. " I ran in my house and grabbed some warm blankets and a pillow.

" Here, I know it can't be easy staying out here in the cold with no blankets. " I said handing him the blankets.

" Wow thanks Ali. " he said taking the blankets.

" Anything for a friend. " I said waving bye to him. I went inside, changed back into my PJs, and went back to bed. That night was really cold.
I woke up the next morning, to a rainy summer morning. It was 1 : 00. Lyla was supposed to be picked up to go to her friends house by 1 : 30. I didn't know if she would get up on her own. So I jumped up and raced down the hall to get her. I ran into her room to find her coloring her drawing, ready and packed for her friends.

" Well morning sunshine. " Lyla said looking up and smiling.

" Yeah, morning. Are you ready to go? " I said out of breath.

" Yeah. " she said standing up packing her coloring book.

" Have you had breakfest yet? " I asked her.

" No. " she said putting her backpack on her back.

" Well do you want somethin? " I asked her, walking over to her.

" Three peices of bacon? " she asked.

" Sure. " I said fixing her bow she had put in her hair. We both went into the kitchen. Lyla sat there waiting as I cooked the bacon. When I finished I handed her the bacon and she started to eat.

" Don't forget to say bye to mom. " I told her as she finished her bacon and got up. She ran into my mom's room, then came back and gave me a hug, and went outside. I watched her from the poarch to make sure she made it to her friends car safely.
Once she was with her friend I went back inside, and to my mom.

" Hey mom how you doin today? " I asked her.

" About the same as yesterday. " She said.

" Well could be worse. " I said.

" I'm sorry you have to waist your first few days of summer worrying about me. " she said in a sincere tone.

" There's no other person I'd rather worry about on my summer break. " I said with a soft smile.

" How was I so lucky to get such a beutiful and sweet daughter. " she said giggling.

" How was I so lucky to get such a nice and loving mom. " I asked giggling.

" I love you. " she said.

" I love you too mom. " I said leaving her room.

I decided to relax, and just take some time to myself now I pretty much had the house all to myself.
I painted my nails a nice summer yellow, and added orange polka dots to my ring finger.
Then I got dressed in some comfy clothes, a pair of jean shorts, a orange tank top, and white socks. I put my hair back into a long brade, and added a sunflower charm to the end of it.
I sat on the couch for a little while reading, and listening to the TV in the background. It was already 2 : 30, and I hadn't eaten anything all day. I decided to throw on my white converse, and head down to the cafe about five minutes down the road.