23. Visiting

Allison's P.O.V

I didnt know if Pony was home or not, and I didnt really care. Pony's my friend and all, but he can handle himself. The only thought in my mind was Lyla. I waisted no time.
I ran to change into a lilac purple tank top, and jeans. I laced up my black converse, and threw on my jean jacket. My hair was messy and knotted, but I didnt care. I ran out the bedroom door, then out the house.
I ran all the way to the hospital. When the nurse saw me, she must of thought I needed help or something. I was trying to catch my breath.

" Ma'am are you okay? " she asked walking over to me.

" Yes, I'm okay. I just need to catch my breath. " I said smiling.

" Okay, well then how can I help you? " the nurse said looking kinda confused.

" I'm here to see my sister, Lyla Morris. " I said walking back to the counter with the nurse.

" Oh yeah of course, she's in room 314. Your welcome to visit her, if you'd like. " the nurse said writing on her clipboard.

" Okay thanks. " I said starting to walk down the hallway. I walked to the stairs then started the three floor climb. My legs were already hirting, but man was this torture after that long run.
I made it to the third floor, and walked down to room 314. The door was cracked, and there was a clipboard on the door that said Visitations. Under where it said visitations there was the words yes and no, yes was circled.
So I walked into her room. It looked like she was asleep. I didnt want to wake her, so I sat down and waited. I sat there for about thirty minutes, then she finally woke up. She still looked tired.

" Mornin. " I said smiling.

" Mornin. " Lyla said giggling and stretching.

" How ya feelin? " I asked shaking her arm.

" Not bad, but I can feel more of the pain today. " Lyla said half smiling, half frowning.

" I guess that's a little better and a little worse. " I said smiling.

" Yeah. " she said then she started coughing.

" Hey you alright? " I asked her.

" Yeah, just a little bit of pain. " Lyla said giving me a small smile.

" Okay, if you say so. " I said, as the nurse walked in.

" Goodmorning ladies. It's actually a good thing you came here this morning, Ms. Morris. " the nurse said smiling and looking at me.

" Why is that? " I asked confused.

" Well we were going to do some small tests on Lyla this morning, and we needed your permission. " she said looking at her clipboard.

" Sure. " I said.

" Great, here sign these papers. " she said handing me the clipboard and a pen. I looked over the paperwork, just to make sure everything looked right, then I signed my signature on three diffrent papers. I handed the clipboard back to her.

" Thanks, and we'll start on those tests. " the nurse said walking over to Lyla. I watched the nurse write down some information. Lyla looked sad, tired, and sick of being in the hospital, even though she was only there one night.

" Do you want me to get you anything Lyla? " I asked her. She looked at me with really tired eyes.

" Yeah, some food from the cafe please. " she said.

" Okay, I'll be back in a few minutes. " I said standing up and leaving the room. I walked all the way back down the stairs and to the cafe. I walked up to the counter. There was a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes, he looked about 17.

" What can I get for ya? " the boy asked looking at me.

" I'll take a cheeseburger with fries, and one medium drink please. " I said looking at the boy.

" Okay that'll be four dollars and twenty five cents. " the boy said going to get my food. I got the money I needed out of my pocket and set it on the counter. The boy came back in a few minutes with the food.

" Thanks. " I said taking the food.

" No problem. " the boy said smiling. I walked back to the stairs and started the long climb back up. I was getting tired of the stairs. I walked down to Lyla's room, and knocked on the door. A diffrent nurse opened the door.

" Hi, can I help you? Were doing tests. " the nurse said sweetly.

" Oh um yeah, sorry. I'm Lyla's sister, and I just brought some food for her. " I said trying to get the food situated.

" Oh, of course. I'll give it to her when tastings done. " the nurse said taking the food.

" Okay, thanks. " I said, as I walked off. I figured if they were doing tests, then there wouldn't be anything to do for me. So I decided to head back to the Curtis house.
I started my long descent down the stairs. I finally made it down the stairs and out the exit door. I started to walk towards the Curtis house, I noticed a few kids playing baseball. They were greaser kids, surprisingly.
One of the kids hit the ball into the road, and one of the other kids went to get it. I noticed a car coming, and the lid was right the middle of the road picking up the ball. I ran into the middle of the road in between the car and the kid.
The car came to a sudden stop, it was a Soc car. A Soc boy and girl got out of the car. They looked confused and angry, but when they saw the kid those expressions faded.
The kid looked shocked and confused. I turned around to look at him.

" Go on, get back with your friends. Be careful next time. " I said softly to the kid. He ran back to his yard and started to play ball again.

" Hey grease. " I heard the boy Soc yell as I started to walk away.