31. Dinner, News, And Answer

Allison's P.O.V

We made it back to the Curtis house, and got out of the car. I noticed Darry's rental car, he must of been home. Dally and I walked up to the front porch.

" Hey Dally? " I said before we went inside.

" Yeah? " he asked turning around.

" How are you going to tell everybody about the rumble? " I asked.

" I'll probably just tell them when we go inside. " Dally said.

" Alright. " I said smiling. We walked inside the house to the sight of Steve and Soda playing poker, Pony reading, and Darry cooking. Pony was the first to notice us, as he looked up from his book.

" Where y'all been? " Pony said getting up from the couch, which brought more attention to us.

" We'll tell you later. " Dally exclaimed taking his leather jacket off, and setting it on the couch. Dally then walked into the dining room with Steve and Soda. Pony looked over at me, and I just shrugged.

" I guess that means you ain't gonna talk either? " Pony said sarcastically.

" Guess not. " I said with a small laugh. I walked into the kitchen to see what Darry was making.

" Whatcha makin? " I asked leaning on the counter.

" Tocos. " Darry said placing plates down on the table.

" Sounds yummy. " I said standing up straight off the counter. I walked into the dining room to see what the other three boys were up to. They were all playing poker, and it looked like Soda was winning.

" Hey Ali, you visited Lyla today, right? " Soda asked placing some cards down.

" Yeah, I did, why? " I asked looking at his cards.

" How's she doin? " He asked.

" Good, I think she'll be out of that place soon. " I said smiling.

" Time to eat!! " Darry yelled from the kitchen. Everyone ran in to the kitchen, accept Soda and I.

" That's good, I'm happy she's doin better. " Soda said as he stood up from his chair.

" Yeah. " I said following him into the kitchen. We sat down, and started to eat. Everyone sat there eating for a few minutes in silence, till Dally spoke up.

" Ali and I have something we need to tell y'all. " he said taking another bite of his taco.

" Oh yeah? " Darry asked.

" Yeah. " Dally said standing up.

" Well, tell us already. " Steve chimed in.

" Well, the other night I had a run in with some Socs. They said for me to tell everyone I knew that there will be a fight, like a rumble, but if I didn't show they would kill me. I decided after some convincing, that I would choose the rumble option, even if it meant I had to do it alone. " Dally said, then he took another bite of his toco.

" Well you sure as heck ain't doin it alone, even if it's the two of us. " Steve said throwing a arm around Dally's shoulders.

" We'll help you Dally. We're not about to let you do this on your own. " Darry said. For once Dally looked like he actually felt special. Dally normally had a look of hate and distrust in the world, but not now, now he looked happy and special. He had a certain look to his eyes, and it was nice to see a change in his normal expression.
I wanted to also help in the rumble, but I knew the guys wouldnt let me. They would tell me it was too dangerous, I thought that was a lot of crap. I also knew, nothing I would say would change their minds. So I just stayed quiet, and ate my tacos.
After everyone finished their tacos, we went to bed. It was the same as the night before Soda and Pony in their bed, Darry in his bed, Dally on the couch, and me in the chair. It didn't take me too long to fall asleep, it only took about three minutes and I was out cold. I was tired from going every place in Tulsa that day.
The next morning I woke up around six in the morning. I didn't feel like getting up, so I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. I just layed their for a while, till I decided I would get up, get ready, and make breakfast.
I got up out of the chair, and walked over to my bag. I took out the clothes I wanted to wear, and went to the bathroom to change. I changed into a spring green dress, with a light Jean's jacket, and I didn't bother with shoes. I put my hair into two low pigtails.
I never really cared for dresses, but it was all I had clean. The dress came down to half my thigh, and it was slightly tighter in my waist area. The top didnt have sleeves, it was like a tank top style. If I had to choose a dress to wear, it would be this one. It was comfy and Lyla had the same one.
After I was finished changing, I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. I tried not to make too much noise, I didnt want to wake Dally up. I grabbed all the things I needed, and started to make pancakes.
My mom tought me how to make pancakes when I was seven, so by now I was pretty good at it. I put the first batch of pancakes on a plate, then put the plate in the microwave, hoping to keep them semi warm.

I started to make a second batch. Normally one would be enough, but these boys ate like pigs. They didnt look like it though, you would never be able to tell. I decided to make three batches.
I took the ones in the microwave out, and put the second batch on top of the first. I finally started on making the third batch. I was confused on how no one had woken up yet, but I honestly wasnt complaining.
I finished all three batches, there were four pancakes per batch of batter, so I ended up with twelve pancakes. I still wasn't sure if that would be enough. I was starting to put some syrup on half of them, when I heard the front door.