24. Food

Allison's P.O.V

I turned around, honestly expecting to be kicked or punched. None of that happened though.

" Thanks. " the Soc boy said. I was surprised, I didnt even know what I had done.

" What for? " I asked.

" For stopping me from hitting that kid. If I had hit him, I would of felt so bad. I didn't mean too, I didn't see him. Thanks for saving me from paying for a child's life, possibly going to prison, and dealing with all that crap. " the Soc said looking kinda embarrassed.

" I know you didn't mean too, and you're welcome. " I said.

" Well, see you around grease. " he said walking back to his car. The Soc girl was smiling, and looked grateful as she looked at me. They drove off and I started my walk home.
The rest of the walk was calming and nothing else happened. I made it home around 4 : 00, which wasnt surprising. I woke up around 1 : 30, then I was at the hospital for about a hour and a half, then it took me a hour to get home.
Pony was sitting on the couch. I think I startled him when I walked in, he jumped up and looked at the door quickly.

" Hey, where ya been? " Pony asked.

" At the hospital with Lyla. " I said.

" Speaking of which, how's your stab wound? " He asked sounding concerned. I lifted my shirt up to show just the part where the stab wound was, the I unwrapped the bandages. I took the cotton bandage off the reveal the wound. It was almost healed.

" Well it doesn't look too bad. " Pony said smiling.

" Nope, it's getting better. " I said returning his smile.

" Did you eat anything for lunch? " Pony asked.

" No, not yet. Did you? " I asked.

" No. You want somethin? " he questioned looking happy.

" Sure. " I said cheerful. I was honestly really hungry, I hadn't eaten anything in about three and a half hours.

" Do you want to eat here, or go out somewhere? " Pony asked, also looking happy that we were going to eat. I guessed he hadn't eaten either.

" I guess we can go out. " I said smiling.

" Okay, let's go. " he said grabbing his jacket and some money. We left the house and started are walk. We walked into the rest of town, it took about five minutes. Then I realized, we hadn't even decided where we were going.

" Hey Pony? " I said glancing over at him.

" Yeah? " he said looking over at me, concerned.

" We didnt choose where we were eating. " I said kinda giggling.

" Oh, your right. Well where ya wanna go? " he asked.

" Um I picked the last thing, you pick this time. " I said smiling at him.

" Well okay. I know a really good diner three minutes down the street. Wanna go there? " he asked.

" Sounds great, lead the way. " I said grinning. I didnt care where we went, I was just happy to be spending time with one of my friends. Lately I hadn't had a lot of time to do so. So this was a treat within its self.
We walked down to the dinner, and went inside. We sat at a booth in the corner of the room. There wasnt too many people there, just maybe four or five other tables had people.

" Hey y'all what can I get for ya today? " the waitress asked, as she took out her pen and notepad.

" I'll have a Sprite with a cheeseburger, please. " I said smiling up at the waitress. She had long, curly, red hair, and green eyes.

" I'll have a sweet tea, and a grilled cheese. " Pony said also looking at the waitress. We handed her the menus, and then talked for a little while. We talked about school, how are summer was, the gang, and a bunch of other things.
I was facing towards the door, and I saw Two-Bit and Johnny walk in. Two-Bit waved to us, and I waved back. They both walked over to us, and Two-Bit was up to his normal gimmicks.

" Hey, y'all on a date? " Two-Bit said laughing.

" Haha very funny Two-Bit. " Pony said sarcastically.

" First of all no. Second of all y'all want to eat with us? " I asked the two boys.

" Sure, if y'all are okay with that. " Two-Bit said putting his hands in his pockets.

" Yeah, of course were okay with it. " I said smiling. Two-Bit sat next to Pony, and Johnny sat next to me. The waitress came back with Pony's and my drink, and took Two-Bit and Johnny's order.

" So what trouble y'all been causin lately? " Two-Bit asked looking at me.

" Well I visited Lyla today. " I said playing with my drink straw.

" Where was she? " Two-Bit asked looking confused. I had forgot that they didnt know about the car crash.

" Oh well, um. Lemme start from the beginning. So two days ago Soda, Lyla, Pony, Steve, Darry, and I were going to a rodeo. We started to drive there, then a car ran into us. We ended up being in a car crash. Soda had a broken arm, Steve, Darry, and Pony just had a few cuts. I was pretty much completely fine, but Lyla is still in the hospital for some testing. " I said taking a sip of my Sprite.

" Oh. " Two-Bit said looking shocked. Johnny just sat there looking down at the table. The waitress brought all are food over. And we all started to eat. We sat in silence, as we ate.
The waitress came back over, and Two-Bit started joking around with her. She seemed really nice too. Two-Bit finally allowed her to get our check, and bring it back. Two-Bit payed and left a fifteen dollar tip.
We all walked out the dinner and started to head to the Curtis house. It was already 5 : 30, and it took us about ten minutes to get back to the Curtis house.