17. Icecream

Allison's P.O.V

" Okay, that looks good. Now go over it and make it darker. Then just repeat that till your happy with it. " Lyla said looking at my paper. I continued to shade till I was happy with it. Then I started to shade the title, pages, and back cover.
It took me about a hour and a half to finish, so by the time I had finished it was 4 : 00. My drawing looked good, but not as good as Lyla and Pony's tulip.

" Did you finish? " Lyla asked me trying to see my drawing.

" Yeah, I finished. " I said holding the picture up for them to see.

" Wow. " Lyla said with wide eyes and a opened mouth.

" That looks amazing. " Pony said turning to look at my drawing.

" Thanks. " I said smiling.

" Hey Ali, can I go get some icecream from the icecream shop? " Lyla asked standing up.

" Sure, but change clothes first. " I said putting my drawing down and signing it.

" Okay. " she said as she ran to change.

" Are you going to get icecream? " I asked Pony looking up from my drawing.

" Nah, I'll probably just read. I dont like eating too many sweets. I really only eat them on special occasions. " he said getting up from the table.

" Okay. " I said taking my drawing over to my backpack. Lyla came walking down the hallway. She had some light blue jean shorts on, with a light pink tank top. She went to put her pink flip flops on.

" Hey Lyla, when your done come here. " I said to her putting my drawing in my back pack, and taking my hair brush out. Once she was finished she came over to me.

" What is it? " she asked looking down at me.

" Turn around. " I said. She turned around and I put her long blonde hair into two pigtails.

" Thanks. " she said turning back around. She gave me a hug.

" Try to be back around 5 : 30 at the latest. " I said hugging her back.

" Okay. " she said releasing me from the hug. Then she walked out the door.

Lyla's P.O.V

I just left the house to go get some icecream. I had five dollars, so I figured that would be enough to at least get a small icecream. I had lived in Tulsa my whole life, so I knew every inch of it by heart.
I crossed the road, and walked down the street. The breeze was blowing through my hair, it felt really good. It wasnt too cold, but just right.
I was walking through the park and I tripped. I looked down at my feet, there was a hole in the ground.

" Let me help you. " A voice that I didn't recognize said. I quickly turned to see a boy, he looked about 13. He had a light blue short sleeve madra on with khakis. He was holding his hand out to me.

" Thanks. " I said taking his hand. Once I was back on my feet, I rolled my ankle to make sure I didnt injure it.

" So what were you doing on the ground. " the boy said.

" I fell cause of that stupid hole right there. " I said pointing at the hole.

" Oh, so it's the hole's fault for not moving out of the way where you were walking. " the boy said sarcastically.

" Yes. " I said.

" Um, it's a hole. " the boy said looking confused. I knew he was trying to be sarcastic, so I just acted stupid.

" What's your point? " I said smirking.

" Um, well uh okay. " the boy stammered scratching the back of his head. His hair was neatly combed and a dirty blonde color. He was about my height so about 5'5.

" So what's your name? " he asked.

" Lyla, what's yours? " I said looking at him.

" Andrew. " he said.

" Nice. " I said starting to walk away, but he followed me.

" So where are you heading? " he asked slowing back down to my pace.

" Somewhere, why do I have to say? " I asked not even looking at him.

" Cause I asked, and it's polite to respond with a legitimate answer. " Andrew said with a slight hint of sarcasm.

" Well I'm going to get icecream. That a legitimate enough answer for you? " I asked kinda laughing.

" Good enough. " he said smiling. We continued to walk all the way to the icecream shop. We didnt talk a whole lot more till we got there.

" Are you getting something? " I asked looking over at him.

" Yeah. What are you getting? " he asked in return.

" Icecream. " I said smiling while looking at the menu.

" Well duh, I could of guessed that. " he said also smiling and looking at me. The waitress came over to the counter.

" What can I get for ya kids. " she said looking at us.

" I'll have one cookie dough icecream please. " I said handing her three dollars.

" I'll have one vanilla icecream please. " Andrew said also handing her three dollars.

" Okie dokie, I'll have that right to ya. " the waitress said as she walked away. She came back a few minutes later and handed us our icecream.

" Thanks. " we both said. I handed her two dollars as a tip. Then we both left. We walked back to the park and sat on the swings, and ate our icecream. It tasted really good.

" So do you have any hobbies? " I asked trying to break the silence.

" I play the violin and paint. What about you? " he said looking over at me.

" Oh I draw, that's really it. " I said kinda embarrassed I couldn't do anything really special like playing violin.

" To me that sounds like a good hobby to have. " he said eating his icecream.

" Is playing a violin hard? " I asked.

" Well yes, at first. After you play it a while it's quite easy. Is drawing hard? " He asked.

" Yes, but no. It depends on what your drawing, the realistic level, and how long you've been drawing. " I said.

" Hey Andrew!! " Once again another voice I didnt recognize called.