32. Morning Breakfast

Allison's P.O.V

I wasnt too concerned with the noise, since Darry left the doors unlocked twenty four seven. I continued to cook when I heard foot steps behind me.

" Whatcha cookin? " the person said. I quickly turned around to see Johnny.

" Oh hey Johnny. I'm makin pancakes, but I may have to drag some people out of bed if they're goin to get eaten. " I said with a smile and a small laugh.

" I dont recommend doin that to Dally. You might get punched. " Johnny said smiling too.

" Eh, wouldnt be the first time. " I said, and we both laughed. Johnny helped me place down all the plates and stuff. We finally heard some more movement, it was Dally.

" What are you kids doin up so early? " Dally said walking in rubbing the back of his head.

" It's 8 : 30. " I said with a smile.

" Like I said, early. " Dally said.

" Well I got up to make all you lazy boys food. " I said raising a eyebrow, and smirking.

" Yeah yeah, alright. How you doin Johnnycake? " Dally asked sitting down.

" Not half bad. How about you? " Johnny said looking over at Dally.

" I gotta fight in a rumble. " Dally bluntly said grabbing a pancake.

" What? When? Why? Where? " Johnny started.

" Dang what's with you two and asking questions faster then you can run? " Dally asked looking back and forth between Johnny and I.

" Just answer the poor boy Dally. " I said smirking.

" Alright alright, some Socs decided to threaten me saying either we would have to have a rumble, or they would kill me. So I obviously went with the first option. Happy? " Dally said looking at me.
I looked at Johnny he had a look of concern and fear in his eyes. I knew he didn't want Dally to do this, but he didnt want him to be killed either.
Other then the rest of the gang, Dally was really all Johnny had. They had always been like brothers. I knew Johnny hated the idea of Dally being hurt, but killed. If Dally died, Johnny would be broken.

" When is it? " Johnny asked looking down at the table.

" Whenever those Socs choose, but I'd imagine soon. " Dally said eating his pancake.

" Well we better prepare then, who knows what kinda nightmare this is going to be. " Johnny said.

" Yeah, I know. Are you going to do it Johnny, y'know you dont have to man. " Dally said looking up at Johnny.

" I'll think about it. I mean I want to help, but well I ain't that strong, so I probably wouldn't be too helpful. " Johnny said looking everywhere but Dally or I. I could tell he was scared, but he didnt want to say that, especially in front of Dally. I knew Dally could tell too.

" You ain't gotta be strong man, heck you ain't even havin to put up a fight. You could just sit on the side, and be there if we need anything. I would enjoy having you there, since it could be my last rumble. But the decision is completely up to you man. " Dally exclaimed.

" I'll think about it today, and let y'know. " Johnny said looking at the table. I just cleaned up the dishes as I listened to their conversation. It's amazing how close all of us are.
The feeling a true friend gives a person is indescribable. It feels like their family. It's like knowing you always have someone there for you, and someone you can trust no matter what. That was the feeling we all had towards each other.
Ever since we were younger, all of us have always had a friendship so strong, it seemed like we were family. Even if our actuall family wasnt there, we always had each other. We would make jokes, play, make fun of one another, protect each other, and we just lived for each other. It was real special.

" Are you not going to eat Johnny? " I asked turning around from the sink.

" No, thanks. I already ate though. " Johnny said.

" Okay. " I said grabbing some more dirty dishes. Then I heard some more noise from down the hall, one of the other boys must of been awake. Then Darry walked in the kitchen.

" I didnt expect to be the fourth one in the kitchen. " Darry said as he walked over to the table.

" Well guess that's what happens when you sleep in so late. " I said washing the dishes.

" Guess so. " Darry said grabbing two pancakes. I finished washing the dishes, dried them, and put them away. I decided to walk out side, and see what the weather was like.
It was a really pretty day, there was a small breeze, and it was kinda cold. Branches of trees were blowing in the wind, and there were blooms on some of the trees. It was beautiful.
I always liked summer days, they reminded me of so much joy and happiness. They brought back all these memories, good and bad. They really helped me to appreciate everything I had, before it would be gone.
I walked back inside to see all the boys awake and eating, Darry, Dally, Soda, and Pony, plus Johnny. I just laughed to myself, and went into the bathroom. I removed the bandages from my stomach, and finally it had healed. The stab wound was gone.
I didnt have to wear bandages anymore, it may of just been the best feeling in the world. I walked back into the kitchen, and did a little more cleaning. It was just me cleaning up all the dishes, and it was kinda stressful, I think Johnny noticed because he asked if I wanted to go on a walk. I said sure and we left.

" You seemed kinda stressed back there, I figured it would be best to get you out of there. " Johnny said putting his hands in his pockets.

" Yeah thanks. " I said, as we continued to walk and talk. The walk was pretty nice, but with my luck it wouldnt stay that way, and I was right.