16. Home Alone

Allison's P.O.V

" What's for lunch? " Lyla asked walking back into the dining room.

" Well what do you want? " I asked her getting up.

" Um hot dogs? " She asked.

" I'm cool with that. How about you Pony? " I asked walking into the kitchen.

" Sure, hot dogs work. " he said still playing the piano.

" Okay, hot dogs it is then. " I said getting a pot and the hot dogs out of the fridge. It was a beutiful day out the sun was shining, and there was a breeze. So I decided to open the door, and listen to Pony as I cooked.
The hot dogs didnt take too long to cook, so I went ahead and got out the dishes and silverware. I set the table, humming a song my mom used to listen to all the time.
The hotdogs were done in about five minutes, so I put them on the plates.

" Hot dogs are ready!! " I yelled to Lyla and Pony. They both came running in, then sat down at the table. They started eating before I even sat down.

" Thanks. " Lyla said.

" Yeah. " Pony added eating his hot dog.

" No problem. " I said starting to eat my hot dog. By the time I had even taken a bite of my hot dog, Lyla and Pony had already finished their's. They went outside and played while I ate, I could hear them laughing outside.
I decided to eat my hot dog fast, so I could play outside with them. I finished my food, got up, put the dishes in the sink, and went outside.
We were all running around, throwing a ball, climbing trees, and all around just having fun. I couldn't do a whole lot of movement, due to my stab wound.
With the help of Lyla and Pony, I managed to climb a tree a long with them. It did hurt, but I didnt let that stop me. I climbed up onto a branch about 10 feet off the ground. It definitely wasn't that high of a branch, but it was the best I was going to get.
We were all laughing and telling funny stories. Pony got hit by a few tree branches, which was pretty funny. Lyla almost fell out of the tree three times. Pony and I had to catch her before she fell. I mainly sat there, just laughing at the three of us.
Lyla got down from the tree, and went to get popsicles. We all had one, while we sat in the tree. My summer was finally heading in a good direction. I got to see my friends, and for once not worry about Socs, or getting jumped, or stabbed, or arrested, or anything. Except for the constant worry of Lyla falling out of a tree.
We finished our popsicles, then got down from the tree. We decided to go inside for a little while, because it started to get really hot outside. Lyla and Pony were doing some artsy stuff, and I sat on the couch reading.

" Hey Ali, you ever drawn anything before? " Pony asked me, looking up from his and Lyla's project.

" Yeah not a whole lot tho, I'm not the best when it comes to art. " I said looking up from my book.

" Come here, Lyla and I will teach ya some stuff. Besides you tought me somethin, I might as well teach you somethin. " Pony said gesturing for me to come over there.

" Okay, I guess it couldn't hurt. " I said standing up and walking over there, then I sat down next to them.

" Okay so what all do you know? " Pony asked, handing me a pencil.

" Um just some basic shading and drawing techniques. " I said. I looked down at what they were working on. It was a beutiful picture of a tulip. It was in black and white, and shaded purely in pencil. It looked like you could just pick it up and hold it.
I knew Pony and Lyla had a lot of artistic talent, but I didnt know it was this good.

" Wow, guess this looks amazing. " I said staring at the picture.

" Thanks. " they both said.

" Lyla did most of the dark shading, I did all the sketching, drawing, and highlights. " Pony said looking at there masterpiece. Lyla was still working on the dark shading.
It looked like it may of been a yellow tulip, at least based on the light shading. It was from a sky veiw, so I could see the top of the flower. It had a few rain drops on some of the petals. Then leaves surrounded the tulip. Everything was so detailed, and perfect.

" So what do you like to draw? " Pony asked.

" Well I've had the best experience drawing people, but I'm open to try something diffrent. " I said twirling my pencil in between my fingers.

" Well then what do you want to draw? " Lyla asked finally looking up from the tulip.

" Um can I draw my book? " I asked trying not to sound too nerdy.

" Sure. " Lyla said going back to shading the tulip. I got up and grabbed my book, then walked back over to the table. I sat down and put the book on the table.

" Okay, so start with a light sketch of your drawing. " Lyla said handing me a pencil.

" Okay. " I said taking the pencil. I started to draw the outline of my book's cover. Then I added some sketching of pages, and the back cover. Then I sketched in the title.

" Okay, now decide where your light is coming from. " Pony said.

" The top left corner. " I said looking at him.

" Okay, add light shading to the bottom right corner of your book cover. " Pony said pointing to the corner. I drew a light bit of shading in the corner, then started to slowly get lighter as I moved my pencil to the top left corner of the cover. I made sure not to shade over my title, since that would be shaded differently.