28. Dream

Allison's P.O.V

We both walked Into the hospital, and did the normal routine to get to Lyla's room. When we got to her room, the door was cracked. I decided to knock on the door.

" Come in. " I heard Lyla say. Dally and I walked into the room, and Lyla turned to us.

" Ali!! " Lyla said almost jumping out of her bed. She looked so happy to see me, and I was just as happy to see her.

" Hey Lyla. " I said hugging her.

" Oh, hey Dally. " Lyla said cheerfully.

" Hey kid, how ya feelin? " Dally asked sitting in one of the chairs.

" Better, there's not too much pain for now. " Lyla said smiling. I sat down in another chair next to Lyla's bed.

" That's good. Y'all dont mind if I go for a smoke, do ya? " Dally asked standing up.

" Nah, not at all. " I said looking up at him. Dally left to go smoke, and me and Lyla were left to talk and catch up.

" So what's been happenin with the gang? " Lyla asked.

" Well not too much. Soda got a pay raise, and I think we may be participating in a rumble. " I said hesitantly.

" What, Why? " Lyla questioned. I told her everything Dally had told me on the way to the hospital. She looked sad and a little angry.

" What, that ain't fair!! " Lyla practically yelled.

" Hey, calm down. It'll be okay. " I started, but I was cut off.

" I wont be there to fight in the rumble!! " Lyla said, throwing her hands in the air.

" That's all your worried about? " I asked with a small laugh.

" Duh. " Lyla said is a silly way.

" I dont think you would be able to do much against all those Socs. " I said laughing.

" Hey!! Have faith in me. " She said in a joking way.

" I do. " I said.

" Okay, if you say so. " Lyla said laughing.

" Your such a weirdo. " I said.

" I know, that's the point. So you think I'll be outta here soon? " Lyla asked looking hopeful.

" Yeah, I hope so. " I said smiling.

" Yay. " she said. Dally came back into the room, and sat back down in his chair.

" So kid, what do ya do for fun. " Dally asked.

" Mainly watch TV, but sometimes I draw. " Lyla said looking over at Dally.

" Let's hope you get outta this joint soon. " Dally said leaning back in his chair.

" Yeah. " Lyla said with a long sigh.

" Well I hate to cut time short, but we better head out Ali. " Dally said standing up.

" Already!! " Lyla and I both said. Lyla and I both made our puppy dog eyes in a joking manner.

" Ain't gonna work on me, c'mon let's go. " Dally said. Lyla and I laughed at each other, then I told her bye. As me and Dally walked out of the room, I heard Lyla say something to us.

" I believe in you, you can do it. " she said as we walked out. I didnt really know what she meant by it, but I knew it served a purpose of some fashion. Dally and I walked back to the car, and got in.

" So what are you going to do about the Socs. " I said kinda hesitantly. I knew what I was getting into by asking, but I did anyway.

" Good gosh kid, why you itchin so much to know!! " Dally said frustrated.

" Because Dally!! Your my friend, and I like knowing if my friends lives are on the line!! " I yelled unintentionally. I didnt mean to yell, I've really never yelled. I knew what was coming.

" Look, Ali!! I can handle my own freaken self!! I dont need you to look out for me!! " Dally yelled at me. I didnt want to say anything else to him. I turned my head the other way, and stared out the window.
We drove the whole way back to the Curtis house, in silence. Once we got there we waited in the car for a while.

" Look kid, I ain't one for apologizing. I just need to control my temper, but what I'm tryin to say is, I'm sorry I yelled at you. " Dally said looking the opposite direction.

" I ain't mad at you Dally, I get it. I'm sorry I yelled at you, it's just a lot has happened lately. " I said turning towards him.

" We good man? " Dally asked smiling.

" Yeah, were good. " I said with a small laugh. We both got out of the car and walked into the Curtis house. It didn't look like anyone was home. I walked into the kitchen, and saw a note next to mine. Soda and Pony went to the store, and I had to help someone with building something. If we're not here when you get back, we will be home soon. Be safe and dont get yourselves killed. I laughed a little at Darry's last comment.

" Well Dally we got the whole place to our selves for a little while. " I yelled from the kitchen.

" Sweet man. " Dally yelled back. I laughed at Dally's comment. I walked back to the living room, and sat on the couch. I was pretty tired, and I closed my eyes to rest a while. Before I could even relize it, I had fallen asleep.
My dream was so vivid, so real, and so dark. I almost died. I think I was going to, but then I woke up right before the death part. I didnt wake up on my own though. I woke up in a cold sweat, Dally was shaking me.

" Hey man, you alright. You were tossing and turning a awful lot. " Dally said with a look of concern painted on his face.

" Yeah, yeah I'm alright. Just a bad dream. " I said.

" Must of been, you looked like you were about to scream. I decided to wake you up before you fell of the couch. " Dally exclaimed. Just then all of my dream came rushing back to me.